[#3050] New User Registration message

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #183662 by tmoran
Hi,

I'm importing a user database into CB using CBJuice and I'm trying to get an automated email notification sent to the newly registered users with their username and password.

I have managed to disable the Joomla welcome message and have Allow User Registration set to No in global settings.

In CB Configuration Manager > Registration I have the following:
Allow User Registration: Yes
Autogenerate random registration password: Yes
Require Admin Approval: No
Require Email Confirmation: Yes

I have added the following to both the Pending Approval and Welcome emails:

Hello [NAME],
Your online membership has been activated with the following details:
Username: [USERNAME]
Password: [PASSWORD]

Nothing gets sent when I import my CSV. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #183664 by tmoran
Replied by tmoran on topic Re: New User Registration message
I have also tried using the confirmation email option in CBJuice. At least it's sending a new user email, however the password field always fails!

Hello [FIRSTNAME] [LASTNAME],
Your email address [EMAIL] has been registered with the new Former Tigers website.
This email contains your username and password to log in to [SITEURL]
Your Username:[USERNAME]
Your Password:[PASSWORD]

RESULT:
Hello Joe Citizen,
Your email address info@flashpoint.net.au has been registered with the new Former Tigers website.
This email contains your username and password to log in to www.formertigers.com.au
Your Username:Citizen4jCSE7
Your Password:[PASSWORD]

12 years 4 months ago #183815 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: New User Registration message
The password substitution can only be used in the Pending email, it will return nothing for the welcome email. I also recommend specifying as [password] (lowercase) all substitutions. If issue persists please provide Joomla and CB versions so may investigate further.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #183827 by tmoran
Thanks Krileon,

I've finally got the CB confirmation email working as pending however I still can't get the password sent. All other substitute field work ok [CAPS or lowercase].

I've tried every combination I can think of, in Joomla, CB & CBJuice.

There is no password field in the CSV so I have Autogenerate random registration password set to yes.

Joomla 1.7.3
CB 1.7.1
CBJUICE2

EMAIL RESULT:

Hello Joe Citizen,

Your online membership has been activated with the following details:
www.formertigers.com.au
Username: CitizenwWqYRe
Password: [password]

THIS EMAIL WAS SENT FROM COMMUNITY BUILDER

NOTE: This email was automatically generated from Former Tigers (www.formertigers.com.au).

12 years 4 months ago #183927 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: New User Registration message
Could not confirm your issue. I tested J1.5 and J1.7 both using CB 1.7.1 with email confirmation set to Yes as well as with and without random password generation. In all cases the pending email arrived with the password. Does this happen when a user registers on frontend or is created from backend or is this just when using CB Juice to import users?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #183965 by tmoran
Users don't have the ability to self register thru the front end. I have tried adding a new user in Community Builder admin and as a CSV thru CBJuice2 and neither confirmation email includes their password...

I have set you up as an administrator if you could take a quick look for me...

[MOD EDIT]: Please do not post passwords as these are public forums. Please delete the user you created for me and PM me a new one with a new username and password.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn