[SOLVED] Autorecurring payments not renewing

12 years 3 months ago #186799 by clwweb
Test went through successfully. I had the grace period set to 3 days, but more importantly I had reset the md5 hash, that was throwing an error before.

Seems to be working fine now. For anyone else who happens upon this thread, the Notifications and History Logs of CB Subs are very helpful for debugging.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #192611 by jvande
I've tried the md5 hash reset to another code. However, I still am not able to get my subscription IPN. I first started using this plugin about 9 months ago. I have 40 subscriptions but only once have I received an IPN. Was there a specific method for the md5 hash that you used? I tried a hash that was limited to 20 characters. I also am using authorize.net Thanks for any input!

12 years 1 month ago #192690 by beat
jvande,

Did you look at notifications and history log of CBSubs ? :

clwweb wrote: ... For anyone else who happens upon this thread, the Notifications and History Logs of CB Subs are very helpful for debugging.

That's the starting point. As long as the notifications do not appear there, the issue is either at the auth.net settings or in server settings or any other extension that prevents the notification to reach cbsubs (some "firewall" components tend to do such things).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 1 month ago #192746 by jvande
Yes, it appears that the Notification and History Logs of CB Subs is about all I have to go off of to see what is happening. However, the initial payment and setting up of the ARB is the only thing that goes successful. Strangely I have only seen one random notification showing that an IPN for authorize came through for a subscription payment down the road. I have actually had a lot of help from Nant looking into this for me but it appears we can't locate the problem. He verified my system was setup correctly and even peaked into my settings with authorize and verified that was setup as well. The last advice I got via support ticket was to try a 20 character md5 hash. Seems like shortly after that I was able to receive the random IPN for a user, Although the rest the users I have not seen anything monthly. So I manually reactive the correct plans for users as their payments come through and even have to change the recurring type back to automatic with notification in hope that the IPN can still be received. If at all they are even being sent from authorize. Authorize has been of no help in commenting about IPN's. I guess it is a feature they don't really care about. Also, my system does not have any firewall plugins. The only other extension I am using is Jfusion for syncing my Joomla uses with Magento and thats about it. I am convinced that the Authorize.net IPN callback is not that reliable. It would be interesting to know what the very best setup is. I would even changing hosting. Does the affiliated Joomapolis hosting options have a good record with Authorize.net and ARB transactions? My web hosting has not been able to comment much as to problems related in not receiving the callbacks. Maybe there are some common problems with host settings that I am unaware of that could cause this?

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #200143 by jvande
Has anyone sovled this issue? I have upgraded my system to CB 1.8 and CB Subs 2.0, however I am still not able to recieve IPN's from Authorize.net. Will this upgrade only fix the IPN issue on new subscriptions? I noticed this thread has been marked solved. Can someone share the solution? Thanks.

To be more productive with this I am including this thread that has been created for a potential bug regarding this issue: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/253-potential-bug-122/184354-auto-recurring-payment-issues#184354

According to the CB Subs release announcement thread, this is not an issue with version 2.0. I will report back the results with my case over the next few weeks. I am really hoping 2.0 is the ticket to get the auto expire to stop.

11 years 11 months ago #200234 by krileon
Upgrading will not fix existing subscriptions unless it was just a validation issue to validate the IPN. As far as I am aware there is no problem with Authorize.net. If you should have an issue with recurring subscriptions using CBSubs 2.0 please let us know.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn