[SOLVED] error while trying posting an ad

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #194992 by dorosa
We are using listbingo for ads and also CB for users login etc. We have a button in our homepage in order for a user to start posting an ad.
After we enabled artio joomsef we are experiencing the following problem: If the user is already logged-in there is no problem. If the user is not logged-in and hits the button to post an ad, instead of returning just a message that you have to login first to post, it returns a "JoomSEF Error - Headers already sent" page. If you press the back button of your browser it then shows the correct page, the one with the message "Login to post".

The address bar shows "www.tradeordonate.com/component/comprofiler/login?return=L25ldy8xMzMyMzMyMTg3&Itemid=6&time=1332332187" so I was thinking if there is a problem with cb login and artio joomsef.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #195176 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: error while trying posting an ad
We've no support for 3rd party SEF. We only support Joomla SEF. You've also provided no version numbers. Not much we can do to help you, sorry. You should contact the developer of your SEF extension or set your SEF extension to ignore CB component.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 weeks ago #195210 by dorosa
Replied by dorosa on topic Re: error while trying posting an ad
Thanks for your answer

Our vesrions are:
Joomla 1.5.23
JoomSEF 3.9.5
CB 1.8
I have the JoomSEF for Listbingo addon and also CB extension for JoomSEF v.2.0.3.

I first opened a ticket to listbingo and they told me that this is not their problem and that I should contact both CB and Artio Joomsef for this. I did that and I opened 2 similar topics here and in artio in order to try and find a solution to my problem. CB is working very well with artio joomSEF, this is the only problem that I have. If you have any other suggestion or even something else to tell either to listbingo or to artio, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time and regards

12 years 3 weeks ago #195219 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: error while trying posting an ad
Please test with SEF off and see if things work.

12 years 3 weeks ago #195262 by dorosa
Replied by dorosa on topic Re: error while trying posting an ad
Yes, it works. As I was saying when I first opened the ticket, the problem came up just when we enabled JoomSEF. If we disable it, it works OK.

12 years 3 weeks ago #195270 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: error while trying posting an ad

dorosa wrote: Yes, it works. As I was saying when I first opened the ticket, the problem came up just when we enabled JoomSEF. If we disable it, it works OK.

If things also work with Joomla SEF enabled (and htaccess file renamed), then it is an issue with the third party SEF extensions that needs to be addressed by them.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn