Jquery Issue

11 years 8 months ago #205240 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Jquery Issue
CB has its own custom jQuery plugins. In most cases we've made modifications, bug fixes, and security fixes to them. You're voiding support by breaking your install. If you should ever have a jQuery related issue in CB, we can't help you due to removing CBs jQuery libraries.

CB 1.8.1 uses a deep noConflict. It doesn't matter if YOOTheme loads a different version as it's impossible to conflict. This is because we place CBs jQuery into a completely different namespace. I assume YOOTheme is also doing a noConflict so it shouldn't conflict either.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: siflaar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #205243 by siflaar
Replied by siflaar on topic Re: Jquery Issue
Thanks for the reply Krileon,

I restored the jQuery folder because it did not solve the problem.
But if CB and YOOtheme are using noConflict why is it that after installing CB my jQuery widgets of YOOtheme are not working anymore on CB pages, but are still working on other pages?
They must be in conflict.

But I will try to sort out what jQueries are conflicting and how and will report about it.

Greetings,
patrick

11 years 8 months ago #205249 by krileon
You completely removed CBs ability to render jQuery and said it didn't solve the problem. That means it's not a conflict. More then likely what is happening is something on CBs profile (a plugin probably?) that is using Javascript (not jQuery) is having a fatal error. That fatal error will stop all JS that loads after it from functioning. Review browser error log when viewing profile to see what is erroring.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #205251 by siflaar
No, you misunderstood
When I removed the jQuery folders, I got problems with CB, but my YOOtheme widgets worked again. so in the end removing the folder was not helping me.
So I still have a feeling that one of the jQueries of CB is bugging me somehow ;-)

I will try to look in it this weekend.
Keep you posted

Greetings,
Patrick

11 years 8 months ago #205265 by krileon
There's no way of knowing exactly what's conflicting without monitoring the browser error console. You can also try disabling plugins 1 by 1 to see if any specific one is conflicting.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: siflaar

11 years 8 months ago #205384 by siflaar
Krileon,
That is exactly what I am going to do.
I'll et you know the out come of it.
Thanks for thinking with me

greetings, Patrick

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds