[#4286] Time released subscription content solution: Loadposition Module Content throws CB logic

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #234906 by jalapeno68
I'm developing a time released content area and have tested the Tutorial Titled: Time released subscription content solution here

I've had success showing content if the member has an active membership within the prescribed period - ie. shows text - however I want to run an audio module within this area using {loadposition xxx} but the cb code seems to get thrown - I'm guessing from the open/close braces {}

Working code and result:

Code:
{cb:[cb:if cb_daysdiffquery>="0" AND cb_daysdiffquery<"15"]Your 15 day period is active - Go to this link to access content[/cb:if]}
Shows in article:
Your 15 day period is active - Go to this link to access content

Failing code and result:
Code:
{cb:[cb:if cb_daysdiffquery>="0" AND cb_daysdiffquery<"15"]Your 15 day period is active
{loadposition custom-position}[/cb:if]}
Shows in article:
[cb:if cb_daysdiffquery>="0" AND cb_daysdiffquery<"15"]Your 15 day period is active ***Embedded Music Player***[/cb:if]}

The only difference is the loadposition tag... any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #234955 by krileon
Probably a parsing order issue (audio content plugin maybe messing up the substitution format). Ensure the CB Content Bot is the first content plugin ordered within Extensions > Plug-in Manage and see if that resolves your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #235142 by jalapeno68
Hello and Thanks Krileon,

I can confirm that CB Content Bot is the first Content plugin in my list.

I have a work-around where I have a link in the active time released content to a pop-up where the player runs... not my ideal solution but unless you have any other ideas then might need to use this.

10 years 6 months ago #235189 by krileon
Try ordering "Content - Load Modules" to be before "Content - Community Builder" so the modules parse first. Aside from that I've no idea and I suppose the usage is conflicting with CBs ability to parse substitutions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #235206 by jalapeno68
Hi Krileon,

No change... I'm sure I'm not the only person who would like to embed content such as audio, video etc into the time released content.

Having a link to a popup content is not too bad as it's greying out the rest of the page, but I think some clients are going to ask for the solution I'm asking about...

Can I ask for this to be a feature in future versions?

10 years 6 months ago #235232 by krileon
Not a feature, but is a bug to be fixed. Was having you confirm this is the case and believe I know the cause. Will investigate further and be sure to fix for next release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4286

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn