[#4286] Time released subscription content solution: Loadposition Module Content throws CB logic

10 years 6 months ago #235251 by RobGG
Sounds great... will use the work-around in the meantime :-)
Thanks again for your support! - C

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #248439 by waynep
Replied by waynep on topic Time released subscription content solution
Hi

I also have a problem with the time released subscriptions method.

I have inserted the following into a standard Joomla Article:
Your current Tula subscription is {cb:[cb_daysdiffquery]} days old.
{cb:[cb:if cb_daysdiffquery>="0" AND cb_daysdiffquery<"30"]Your 30 day period is active[/cb:if]}
{cb:[cb:if cb_daysdiffquery>"30"]Your 30 day period has ended and this content is no longer available. Other articles are now available for viewing.[/cb:if]}

{cb:[cb:if cb_daysdiffquery>="0" AND cb_daysdiffquery<"30"]

Timed released content goes here!

This would be the stories issued for the current month.

[/cb:if]}

The article displays the following only:
Your current Tula subscription is [cb_daysdiffquery] days old.

I have run through the tutorial multiple times but cannot see where my setup differs.

Any help available?

Thanks

Wayne

9 years 7 months ago #248450 by waynep
update: I realised that the cb_daysdiffquery field was not created.

I have managed to now get the following working but it is still not showing the time released text inserted within the code. It now just shows:

Your current Tula subscription is 1 day(s) old.

9 years 7 months ago #248516 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Time released subscription content solution
Substitutions parsed by CB Content Bot are by default using the user object of the article author. You need to add the user="#me" usage to your substitution usages so it's using the viewing users profile information. Please see the below substitution tutorial for further substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Be sure to also thoroughly check your IF usages to ensure it's comparing values correctly. If the raw substitution is outputting "1" then a condition of >="0" should match fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #248534 by waynep
Hi, sorry I am not a 'coder' (I just followed the tutorial they set out) so I have no idea what this means!. The subscription days are displaying OK (ie Your current Tula subscription is 1 day(s) old.), but the timed content inserted at the end of the code in the joomla article isnt displaying. It's the text (as entered in the tutorial) before the last line of code that should display, but it doesnt.

Any ideas?

9 years 7 months ago #248626 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Time released subscription content solution
Looks like Nick was able to resolve this for you. It's due to the Joomla editor converting characters and breaking the substitution.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/226307-solved-cbsubs-time-released-subscription-content-problem?start=12#248567

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn