[SOLVED] Restoring user tabs that were "accidentally" or otherwise removed (CB profile gallery related issue)

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #258319 by delhi-expat
Hi Guys

From what I recall (after reading a few discussions on the forum), the current version of "CB Profile Gallery" is not fully compatible with the latest version of Community Builder. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that is what my impression is.

I just uploaded a photo to my site using the "Submit new gallery entry" link under "My Profile", but while the photo got added fine, all the tabs under "My Profile" that were previously there (such as "My subscriptions" {I'm using CB SUBS}, "Gallery", "Messages" etc) just disappeared. I'm pretty sure it's because CB profile gallery is not fully compatible with the latest version of CB as yet (correct me if I'm wrong though).

My question is actually not "when will it be compatible", but rather - is there a way to get these tabs back by meddling with the code or DB itself? For instance, is there way to reset the gallery entry in the DB for that user to zero (which is what it was before when everything worked fine) so that the tabs "reappear"? In other words, can I somehow "Undo" what I've done?

I know deleting the user and adding them again would be one solution, but it would be better if I could somehow accomplish this without a hard delete.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Apologies for the strange sounding post title, but I couldn't think of a better way to describe the issue I've been having in one sentence.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #258335 by heyai
Have you played around with the profile view settings to make sure it's the gallery's fault? Our configuration is as follows:
Joomla! 3.3.6
CB 2.0.5
Profile Gallery 1.2.2 configured as a Tab Horizontal in the Canvas Main Middle position.
Joomla and CB default layouts

This config works alright and I have not experienced what you describe. The incompatibilities with it are a few CSS issues, which we temporarily fixed until the update is available.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

9 years 1 month ago #258343 by delhi-expat
I assume you mean the settings in the admin panel (tab management)? If so yes, I've checked those, and the my profile page works fine for other users (that have not "uploaded gallery entries").

Is there any way to "undo" the add via database/code modification? Just curious . . .

9 years 1 month ago #258381 by krileon
The tabs aren't gone. CB ProfileGallery is causing a fatal JS error, which breaks the tab jQuery. Disable CB ProfileGallery and everything should go back to normal. I'm unsure what the JS error is at this time as I have not bothered to investigate issues caused by the plugin since I'm roughly 80% done with the rewrite (should be released before end of next week).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: delhi-expat

9 years 1 month ago #258384 by delhi-expat
Thanks Kyle. Yes, things work fine now that I've disabled the gallery plugin. :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn