Issues with upgrading to CB 2.0

9 years 1 month ago #258437 by JoeGrande
Issues with upgrading to CB 2.0 was created by JoeGrande
Hello

I just upgraded CB to 2.0 as well as upgrading my CB subs to the compatible version. It more or less works, but have two issues that I can't figure out.

1st issue:
When going to the Registration page, there is an error at the top of the page "If you already have an account, please login first. Otherwise you need to register using this form."

The registration form is shown, and user if able to register but not sure where this error is coming from.

My Register button goes to my own custom page that displays the CB subs membership plans, and user is directed to choose one of the CB subs and then is directed to the registration page with the plan they have chosen.

2nd Issue:

My CB login module is showing the following

_UE_REMEMBER_ME- and no checkbox
_UE_LOST_USERNAME_PASSWORD - does work
_UE_REGISTER - does work
_UE_Button_Login - does work

I did install the latest CB Paid Subscriptions - en-GB (4.0.0-rc.1)- however, it still shows as red. It is published.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #258547 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Issues with upgrading to CB 2.0
Install CB 2.x Nightly and CBSubs 4.x Nightly found below. Once done see if your issue persists.

CB 2.x Nightly:
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build

CBSubs 4.x Nightly:
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/671-cbsubs-gpl-nightly-build

Neither of your issues sound familiar or normal. Once both nightlies have been installed ensure your plugins are also up to date using our compatibility chart below as it could be a conflict from an out of date plugin.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #258601 by JoeGrande
Replied by JoeGrande on topic Issues with upgrading to CB 2.0
Hello,

I have done as suggested and still no change. I also checked the compatibility chart. I have none of these add ons installed.

The update did fix CB Paid Subscriptions - en-GB (4.0.0-rc.1) being red issue.
Any other suggestions?

9 years 1 month ago #258610 by krileon
Do you have a legacy CB 1.x language plugin installed? If you do it is not compatible with CB 2.x and you'll need to install a CB 2.x compatible language plugin, which would explain why some of your strings are not translated. How did you install CB 2.x? It's installed as 1 single package; if you unzipped and installed individually then the upgrade was done incorrectly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #258624 by JoeGrande
Replied by JoeGrande on topic Issues with upgrading to CB 2.0
Hi,

I installed the upgrade and the nightly build as a single package

9 years 1 month ago #258636 by krileon
Are you using a language other than the Default? If so try switching your site to English and see if issue persists as it looks like missing strings in your language plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn