Format of Radio button and Multiple Choice

9 years 1 month ago #258961 by Camino
The size of the font of single and multiple choice questions is larger than the size of other profile questions.

To my point of view it is not very user friendly that CB uses an own font that can't be changed unless changing the code. Higher usability would be if it could be selected manually in backend or if CB used the font of the template.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #259022 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Format of Radio button and Multiple Choice
We use Bootstrap. Everything in CB has the same font (except fontawesome of course). You'll need to provide a screenshot of the issue as it looks fine here. My guess is your Joomla template is forcing a fontsize on all <label elements, which radio and multicheckbox inputs are inside of.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #259052 by Camino
Replied by Camino on topic Format of Radio button and Multiple Choice
Attached please find the screenshot. I am using Yootheme Digit template.

Bootstrap is basically a good thing. However, from a style perspective it is not smart to use a fixed font that is not the template font. This will always result in two fonts unless I am using the same font in my template like I am using in CB. This was different in CB 1.9. To have one font only, modifications in bootstrap file have to be made which is not handy.
Attachments:

9 years 1 month ago #259088 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Format of Radio button and Multiple Choice
As it's just a CSS style it can be easily overridden. For example you can mark the font-family in your Joomla template as !important and nothing can override it except other !important usages. You could create a CB template override plugin and override that styling to point to your font-family. Bootstrap it self can also be entirely shut off within CB > Configuration > Integration, but you should provide a compatible stylesheet or CB won't be styled.

Once we've our template generator plugin you'll be able to override the font-family easily from it to generate a more compatible template. For now any of the above solutions should work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn