[#5148] Batches are not created in mass mailer

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #259730 by Camino
When making a selection of users through search in backend and attempting to send an email (mass mailer) to them it does not work without selecting users manually. Thus, batch creation does not work properly.

Can you reprodduce it? Please kindly advise.

J3.4.0 // CB2.0.7

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #259768 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Batches are not created in mass mailer
You have to select users now, but that can be done quickly with the check all checkbox. What do you mean batch creation does not work properly? What about it doesn't work properly? Please provide more details about your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #259772 by Camino
Replied by Camino on topic Batches are not created in mass mailer
Hello,

this is not good and can't be done quickly as only those users can be selected that are displayed on a site. The maximum number of users to be displayed is 5.000. However, displaying them results in a server time out (at least on our server).

We are sending out large batches to our user base every day. The selections include between 1.000 and 20.000 users. Thus, we can't make manual selections.

The CB1.9 batch creation and non-manual selection was much more advanced and had a higher usability.

Please kindly look into it. We have more than 30.000 users and decided for CB because of the mass mailing possibility with automatic batch creation without additional manual selection. We currently have a big problem as we can't send the emails as needed.

9 years 1 month ago #259777 by krileon
So batching is working, but you want to be able to use batching on all your users?

Please understand we are quite aware how it worked in CB 1.x compared to CB 2.x. This is currently a limitation of our XML as we've no means of passing the filter data at this time to the legacy mass mailer code so we simply send it the user ids that are selected. That entire process and code needs to be rewritten, which at this time we have not done, but it is planned. You reported an issue with the batching functionality, which I need further details to investigate.

As a side note I highly suggest not using mass mailer in this way. It's really not optimized for it. You should consider an extension like AcyMailing for efficient newsletter like solution. Note newsletters do not have to be scheduled and can be sent in bursts. You also gain features like newsletter templates, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #259779 by Camino
Replied by Camino on topic Batches are not created in mass mailer
Do you have a time line when this will be reimplementated? It is really crucial for us.

Furthermore, do you know if Acymailing has the option to filter CB users, i.e. making a selection based on user profile data?

9 years 1 month ago #259783 by krileon

Do you have a time line when this will be reimplementated? It is really crucial for us.

No, as we currently have other more urgent tasks like CB Activity rewrite and CB GroupJive upgrade. I've added a ticket for CB 2.1 to keep track of the issue.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5148

Do you have a time line when this will be reimplementated?

I believe you subscribe users to a newsletter then fire off that newsletter. I believe there's also an import feature for subscriptions as well. Newsletter subscriptions could also be automated with CB Auto Actions as well (e.g. after profile update, check a field value, subscribe them to XYZ newsletter if the value matches). Plenty of options to actually automate all of this. Even sending of the newsletter. You won't need to manually do anything at that point.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn