Forum

9 years 4 weeks ago #261039 by KatoKalin
Forum was created by KatoKalin
Reading threads like this at the Kunena forum makes me quite pessimistic about their future. Although it is quite stable and usable -I know Joomlapolis forums use this too- it looks like the project has some serious issues to go forward as they wish.

Now there are not many other forum components for Joomla free or paid. And I absolutely dislike the EasyDiscuss approach.

So as the Joomlapolis also relies on a solid forum now and in the future, I wonder if there is a chance there will be a Joomlapolis own forum plugin. I mean there are plugins like GroupJive, so it might not too far to believe a CB forum could be doable.

So I wonder if there are any thoughts we might see something like that in the future.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 weeks ago #261051 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Forum
Yup, a built in forum is planned. There's actually a ticket for it, which you can find below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5111

The idea is to extend it with an Internal model so it can act independently as is done with CB Blogs. The idea is to implement a generalized API library for it so it doesn't matter what model is used the API is always the same, which will allow GJ and other plugins to better interact with it.

Beyond that I can't provide any further details at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #261053 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Forum

krileon wrote: Yup, a built in forum is planned. There's actually a ticket for it, which you can find below.

I certainly like this idea and no need for further information.
Only this: Would it be ok to assume that there will be a way to convert a Kunena forum to this new forum kind? As you are using Kunena you gonna probably implement a way for your own sake.

Now let´s say when I need a forum NOW I would have no issues to start with Kunena now and move over to CB forums once it is ready. Please tell me that you gonna make that possible. :silly:

9 years 4 weeks ago #261075 by KatoKalin
Would it be safe to assume there will be a way to convert an existing Kunena forum into the new CB forum and keep all posts?

9 years 3 weeks ago #261144 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Forum

Would it be safe to assume there will be a way to convert an existing Kunena forum into the new CB forum and keep all posts?

A way to migrate Kunena structure and posts is likely to be implemented. It maybe provided as a separate tool to avoid a large chunk of migration code being present all the time, but regardless something is planned.

I really can't provide any details on this. It's basically just an FYI. I have yet to begin development of this and thus yet to begin design and planning of it. It's of course going to be an easy transition as moving from Kunena to Internal model will be something we need ourselves.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 weeks ago #261177 by KatoKalin
That's all I needed to know. I just wanted to know if there might be a chance for it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds