Avatar, Profile Portrait management

6 years 6 months ago #296971 by bizguy
Avatar, Profile Portrait management was created by bizguy
Can profile portrait editing (specifically cropping) be incorporated into the user profile management function along with admin restraints to assist with uniformity on the site? If this feature is currently part of CB, please direct me to the setting.
Specifically, I would like to see the ability for the admin to define a portrait size like 400px x 400px, then when a member uploads their photo, they are presented with a preview of the image and a crop area to select the portion of their portrait that is used on the website.
This would help maintain a consistent look in the use of the avatar/portrait when displayed in other areas of the site.
Thanks,
Ed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #296976 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Avatar, Profile Portrait management
That's already implemented. Edit your avatar field then under Parameters > Image Limits set "Maintain Aspect Ratio" to "Yes, with User Cropping". If the uploaded image is larger than the supplied maximum size it will provide them a cropping selection to select what part of the image they want to use. There is no minimum height or width parameters; there's not really a way to enforce that beyond scaling up a smaller image which always makes the image look horrible, which can just be done using CSS for the same effect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bizguy

6 years 6 months ago #296982 by bizguy
Replied by bizguy on topic Avatar, Profile Portrait management
Thanks, Kyle!

With all the features you have built into CB, I couldn't imagine that this was missing.
I continue to be impressed with the features of CB.

6 years 6 months ago #296984 by krileon
Be sure to check out blog now and again. Big features like that I'll tend to blog about.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle

The blog post for that feature can be found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18703-client-side-image-resizing

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #298870 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Avatar, Profile Portrait management
Hello, I seem to be failing at getting this working. My profile photo is not cropping or scaling.

Attachments:

6 years 4 months ago #298880 by krileon
You've profile image set to 500x500. Your image looks smaller than that. So there's nothing to crop. The setting you're using "Yes, with Cropping" does not upscale. You need to use "Yes, with User Cropping" for that. The alternative is you've some CSS in place, probably from your Joomla template, that's setting a width/height on the image.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn