Ability to download to Excel

6 years 4 months ago #299785 by lcalhoun
Ability to download to Excel was created by lcalhoun
I wish I could download lists of subscriptions. The search function is quite good, but after finding the range of subscriptions I'm looking for, it would be extremely useful to be able to download that data to Excel.

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299790 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Ability to download to Excel
3rd party reporting extensions can handle this by querying the _cbsubs_subscriptions database table as they tend to have export functionality. You can also export directly using phpmyadmin. Export functionality is planned, but I've no idea when.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299885 by spletcher
Replied by spletcher on topic Ability to download to Excel
Kyle,

Wow - we were looking today as our society is using CB Subs more and more for our membership dues. We are quite disappointed that there is no export functionality and this limits our ability significantly to keep track well.

Do you have suggestions what other components we should look at that may be able to download our data? I know how to use phpMyAdmin but this is not user friendly for our secretary. We obviously would like to download subscribers to certain plans, payment dates and expiration dates so we can better follow our users over time.

Can you get back with us on when this important feature can be implemented? It really is not a difficult function to export from a database but the user friendly interface is the key part.

We particularly like the export function on components such as DT Register, RS Forms and JoomDonation.

Thanks,

Stan

6 years 4 months ago #299889 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Ability to download to Excel
Only solution at this time is an extension (e.g. probably something like vData) that allows generating reports from custom database queries or using phpmyadmin.

Can you get back with us on when this important feature can be implemented?

Don't have a timeframe, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299904 by spletcher
Replied by spletcher on topic Ability to download to Excel
Don't you all have some plugin like CB Juice or something that could be tweaked to do this?

6 years 4 months ago #299905 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Ability to download to Excel
Maybe you can use a CB Query field to generate a comma delimited set to copy / paste to excel.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn