UK Swimming Club site

16 years 10 months ago #38497 by haltonsc
UK Swimming Club site was created by haltonsc
Haltonsc haltonsc.com
This site is the first joomla based swimming club in the Merseyside area. It was one of the first flat faced web pages more than 10 years ago and was published well before web sites became commonplace.
Providing joomla itself was a huge step forward in communications with the members, using online calendars,
registered user interface, games, videos, endurance logs, shoutbox, results, news and now Community Builder.
No longer is the club dependent on one highly skilled individual and jobs providing content can be shared.
Information about the club including the history, constitution and google maps in now provided for new and
old club members on instant access and on a global stage. Not bad for a financially restricted club of less than 200 members.
CB has taken a further giant step toward integrating all members and the local community.
Birthdays, phone numbers, contact details and photographs have added a unique element that shows the club again as the most forward thinking in the area. Some of the functionality has not been fully tested such as connections and the data entered is entirely optional.
Usernames are still used to ensure privacy but the officials can now easily access members details that the members themselves have provided and are responsible for. The club leads were others only follow (at least in terms of functionality).
The rhuk_orange smoothie template was used because it had 3 columns (and worked well using IE6/IE7/Mozilla) though there are prettier options I'm sure.
I would be grateful for ideas and feedback on how the visual look could be improved or what improved functions
could be added.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #38931 by Eddie123
Replied by Eddie123 on topic Re:UK Swimming Club site
Hi, for me the background picture is a bit to much... I love it clean and if possible simpel...

www.yoci.de - back to the roods

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn