EA Skate. Community Site

16 years 7 months ago #45539 by nowwecanmakewar
EA Skate. Community Site was created by nowwecanmakewar
Not fully finished yet, still tweaking stuff so I havnt released it to the public, but all in all you get the gist of the site. I think it came out pretty good. Thanks to Joomla, CB 1.1, APC, and Fireboard!

www.skatethis.net

If you play this game, sign up! =)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #45585 by amnion
Replied by amnion on topic Re:EA Skate. Community Site
I really like the look of your site. I have a few questions for you, if it's cool, can I PM you? I like your Team idea...

Yeah, but it's a sweet car bed. | www.fatalfitness.com

16 years 7 months ago #45683 by nowwecanmakewar
Replied by nowwecanmakewar on topic Re:EA Skate. Community Site
yeah thats fine

16 years 6 months ago #48134 by northerain
Replied by northerain on topic Re:EA Skate. Community Site
Sweet site man. I play Skate. too!
I just have a question: Did you do alot of customising to your site? I'm trying to decide between Joomla with CB or Drupal for my community website but I'm a novice with anything else besides simple html.

16 years 6 months ago #48135 by nowwecanmakewar
Replied by nowwecanmakewar on topic Re:EA Skate. Community Site
Yeah ALOT of custom work was done, it wasnt easy. Ive been working joomla and its components for about a year now and its by far my favorite CMS (ive tried some other commercial ones but never drupal).

You can get a basic community site up with neat features with joomla and cb no problem. But my site I ended up coding GroupJive into CB with APC so it gives people that have teams profiles all the features that Groupjive gives to group. Not to mention the chat was a BEAST to get working right.

ALOT of hard work went into the site but as you can tell it pays off.

16 years 6 months ago #48198 by northerain
Replied by northerain on topic Re:EA Skate. Community Site
Damn. And here I was hoping the answer would be ''No, the magical fairies did everything for me!'' :P
Back to the grind again I guess then. I installed joomla now, I'll see what I can come up with. Thanks for the info!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn