CB vs JomSocial

15 years 3 months ago #85088 by BigDonV
CB vs JomSocial was created by BigDonV
Let's try this one more time for the purpose of sharing information.

Has anyone been using JomSocial and can you give a comparison to CB.

Currently I am interested in hearing about user tables and such.

Thanks.

PS- My previous post on this was deleted. Not sure why. Must have touched a nerve. If you feel information is too scary and offensive, please be mature enough to respond to me via PM instead of deleting my post.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #85112 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB vs JomSocial
BigDonV wrote:

Let's try this one more time for the purpose of sharing information.

PS- My previous post on this was deleted. Not sure why. Must have touched a nerve. If you feel information is too scary and offensive, please be mature enough to respond to me via PM instead of deleting my post.

First of all, welcome to Joomlapolis Forums.

We highly appreciate openminded and factual discussions, and you will see that there are quite a lot of active members in here.

It is very seldom that we have to delete posts, but your first post was indeed deleted by a forum moderator, since it was blattantly breaking several of our forum rules and our code of conduct .

I guess that you discovered yourself the main reasons of your post being removed as you recentered your post "for the purpose of sharing information", which is fine.

You second post is ok, except for the PS, which is again attacking the moderators here, so please remove your PS.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 month ago #91881 by JBeckton
Replied by JBeckton on topic Re:CB vs JomSocial
I too am curious about any experience someone may have with using both CB and JomSocial.

I have been looking at JomSocial and actually had it on my list above CB but have since discovered that JomSocial is more like an application wrapped in Joomla. I am new to Joomla and PHP but Have been in web development for years. I am concerned about being confined to editing source code with JomSocial to get a certain layout or to add modules.

I would rather deal with a modular solution that would allow me to drop in modules in what ever layout I want. I'm sure JomSocial is great but if I wanted to get a third party banner system and drop a banner into a group page for example I have yet to discover if that is even possible unless the banner app was altered to integrate with JomSocial specifically.

I could be wrong so don't quote me on this but thats just my initial impressions.

Post edited by: JBeckton, at: 2009/03/17 01:33

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn