missing strings ?

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #156330 by gerpol
Replied by gerpol on topic Re: missing strings ?
Translation is nearly done.

However, making a working zip-package gives me some trouble. Enclosed the zip i've assembled. When i try to upload it through CB it says ok, but after that i get a blank screen when opening CB in the backend. Ending up in removing com_comprofiler in order to get CB working again (in English). What am I doing wrong ? I used the english forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb/wiki as base.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #156358 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: missing strings ?

gerpol wrote: Translation is nearly done.

However, making a working zip-package gives me some trouble. Enclosed the zip i've assembled. When i try to upload it through CB it says ok, but after that i get a blank screen when opening CB in the backend. Ending up in removing com_comprofiler in order to get CB working again (in English). What am I doing wrong ? I used the english forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb/wiki as base.

Please study the wiki again - you did not follow instructions.

For example where in the wiki did you read that you need to rename the files to dutch.xml and dutch.php?

13 years 3 weeks ago #156374 by gerpol
I followed the instructions to the letter, but that's the whole problem!

In the wiki item 3 reads as this:

Find the

<name>en-GB</name>

line and change it to match your language (e.g., el-GR for Greek)

So, i renamed en-GB into nl-NL. Then at first left the string language in line <filename plugin="language">language.php</filename> in the language.xml as is and translated all the needed files. When finished zipped it and installed it. Seemed fine, but then i got the white screen. Nothing worked anymore when choosing CB.
Took me some hours to debug it. Also tried renaming string "language" in "dutch" in the xml-file and according files. My conclusion : you must keep the strings en-GB in the <name> parameter and the <filename plugin> exactly the same ! Or else it won't work.
Next problem : language plugin now installing fine however the dutch language is not being activated (although published). Keeping on debugging to get a Dutch CB.

Wouldn't it be handy to update the wiki ?

13 years 3 weeks ago #156390 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: missing strings ?
I will update the wiki if needed.

I just cannot see where the wiki states to rename filenames.
Or where the wiki gives you instructions to modify the <filename> tag as you did.

Tell me exactly what to add to make things even clearer.

13 years 3 weeks ago #156399 by gerpol
Hello Nick,

took a while but i finally got it. The reason it didn't work for me was a tiny little quotesign (') in a Dutch word in the admin_language.php file. That little devil prevented the zip from installing correctly.

That being solved, i'm stuck at the following :

I can't seem to find where to translate the tab Configuration in the backend of CB, including the subtabs and corresponding textstrings. (General, Registration, Userlist, User profile, Images, Moderation, Connections and Integration). All the textstrings there still are in English.
Could you point me in the right direction ?

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #156427 by tomdewijn
Replied by tomdewijn on topic Re: missing strings ?
Hello Nant, I believe the ue_config needs to be integrated in the language plugin, as i am receiving english emails after I register on my dutch site. cf. ue_config.php.

Is it possible you have forgotten to integrate these strings in the language plugin?

eg. reg_pend_appr_sub etc...

Thanks,

Tom.

edited for typo

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn