Howto: create homepages and 'subdomains' per user

15 years 5 months ago #79753 by classixuk
I am having trouble getting this working.

When I type user.mydomain.com, it is redirected to www.mydomain.com/user

but all of the modules I have published on my front page show around the user profile.

I tried to navigate to www.mydomain.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user='user'

(where user is the name of a valid user)

but it only showed

"This profile does not exist or is no longer available"

Can anyone help me get this working?

Many thanks

Chris

Post edited by: classixuk, at: 2008/11/15 12:19

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #80366 by only1russ
This original topic started a couple of years ago, on dfferent versions of CB, so before I start rewriting the ht file:

I am using Joomla 1.5.8 with Legacy 1.0 & CB 1.2RC3

Cut and paste seems to be disabled, so a file upload would be helpful if anyone would have something that would fit the following structure:

my setup is:
domain.com/home (Home is where joomla is installed)

this is what need: domain.com/user
--and even better: user.domain.com

Thanks!

15 years 4 months ago #82422 by katwomanofsteele
Replied by katwomanofsteele on topic Re:Howto: create homepages and 'subdomains' per us
I'm on GoDaddy shared hosting with sh404SEF, cb 1.1, joomla 1.0.15. after implementing the htaccess changes while logged in, urls seem fine. When I log out all pages come back with a: Forbidden, Flooding server error msg...

15 years 4 months ago #82436 by spikec
Here's what I did to get the profiles to show up without the modules using J1.5.8/CB1.2RC4/Sef OFF

[code:1]RewriteRule ^([^/]+)/?$ index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&Itemid=28&user='$1' [L][/code:1]

The trick is to put in the "&itemid=" in the rewrite statement. I don't know if "28" is standard for all installations but it should be. Now, when you type in the short url, you get the profile to display without the front page modules.

14 years 5 months ago #115060 by krackerjax
If I type in www.domain.com/user it just brings me to the front page of the site. It doesn't go to the actual user's profile. I have tried this as being logged in (even as admin) and same thing.

I'm using Joomla 1.5.14 and CB 1.2.1. I'm not using any SEF extensions nor the built-in Joomla SEF function.

14 years 5 months ago #115061 by krackerjax
If I type in www.domain.com/user it just brings me to the front page of the site. It doesn't go to the actual user's profile. I have tried this as being logged in (even as admin) and same thing.

I'm using Joomla 1.5.14 and CB 1.2.1. I'm not using any SEF extensions nor the built-in Joomla SEF function.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn