VirtueMart Integration?

17 years 9 months ago #16185 by robidigital
Replied by robidigital on topic Re:VirtueMart Integration?
I have tried it with the following combinations-

Joomla 1.0.8
Virtuemart 1.0.4
CB v1.0 build 6

Then I upgraded my CB-
Joomla 1.0.8
Virtuemart 1.0.4
CB v1.0 Stable

Both of these combinations brought up the following error when trying to access any part of the Virtuemart Component.

[code:1]Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /joomlaroot/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.php on line 5[/code:1]

Please help!

Post edited by: robidigital, at: 2006/06/29 00:07

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #16192 by ben_emo
Replied by ben_emo on topic Re:VirtueMart Integration?
Hey All,

Oops - slight oversight on the files, they're all in the source code repository but I've now created a file release too. Just download and install in CB as a plugin.

Re. versions, this was tested so far on Joomla 1.0.8, CB 1.0.RC2 and Virtuemart 1.0.4 stable.

I'll look into that bug robidigital and get back to you.

Thanks all for the interest!

17 years 9 months ago #16193 by ben_emo
Oh yeah and you shouldn't overwrite the VM files! This package installs as a CB plugin, so download the zip and then install via the admin backend by going to 'Components' -> 'Community Builder' -> 'Plugins' -> 'Install'.

Maybe that caused the bug above robidigital?

17 years 9 months ago #16195 by ben_emo
And to answer 'where to post bugs' - please post all bugs and/or feature requests on the forge bug tracker! I do that myself so it keeps everything tidy and I don't forget about things.

17 years 9 months ago #16196 by robidigital
Replied by robidigital on topic Re:VirtueMart Integration?
After installing the plugin successfully it says,

Don't forget to copy the checkout.index.php file over the original Virtuemart one!.
Also, install the hacked mod_virtuemart_cb module and replace the standard Virtuemart module with it.

Where do I find the new checkout.index.php and the hacked mod_virtuemart_cb module?

17 years 9 months ago #16197 by ben_emo
Aha well spotted, I forgot I had that text in there. I was working on those two bits previously, but I don't think they're neccessary - the last round of testing I did showed that this plugin seems to work fine without any modifications to VM or CB which is nice - always better to leave the components un-hacked so they can be upgraded easily.

So yeah, just disregard - if the user edits their info through VM those changes will be automatically picked up by CB when they go into their profile.

I'll fix that message in the next release! Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.528 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn