VirtueMart Integration?

17 years 9 months ago #17058 by audiopleb
Replied by audiopleb on topic Re:VirtueMart Integration?
I have read through this whole forum and it all sounds great but i cant get my head round what the benefit of having cb/virtuemart integration is.

Is it so that you can customise the look and feel of the billing info page in cb and take out the link to the virtuemart page?

Does the cb virtuemart tab show their past orders and let them do things within cb that they were doing in virtuemart?

I love the fact that everything will be able to play together nicely but i wonder to what extent.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #17136 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:VirtueMart Integration?
I want integration to make every aspect of my site as user-friendly as possible, and as seamless as practical.

To start with: One logon and only 1. Verify their identity if/when required. Also, let them manage all of their information, including review past orders, from a common interface.

Eventually, perhaps build in frequent purchase points, or tie discounts to Karma or total contribution in the entire site

When building an online community; a trusted, well managed, well integrated store can be a nice contribution.

www.iqaluitonline.com

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

17 years 9 months ago #17144 by audiopleb
Replied by audiopleb on topic Re:VirtueMart Integration?
Oh okay, that is a good idea.

I agree with you on the reward scheme idea too. That would be a great addition.

17 years 8 months ago #17777 by doctorlife
Replied by doctorlife on topic Re:VirtueMart Integration?
CB and VirtueMart integration mean also that each member need possibility to have his/her own shop (also trough a tab in profile), please take a look here and help:

virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=71&topic=17612.0

Waiting replies,
Emiliano alias doctorlife

17 years 8 months ago #18619 by na3
Replied by na3 on topic Re:VirtueMart Integration?
I am running a Joomla site with CB installed. The point of the site was to create an online community/online publication - an upgrade from an ezine/pdf file sent to my members of my publication, and now they see everything on the site.

The site/publication is for free, but I also want to create a store where we can sell items. I want to be able to have the store either on a subdomain or directly on my domain name. The problem is that I want CB integrated with Virtuemart only for the members of my site/publication, and then anyone who is not a member but wants to buy something does not have a CB profile.

In other words: members of site have integrated profiles/Virtuemart accounts, and non-members just have a Virtuemart account. Is this possible, or should I simply make my members create another registration on a separate site (the subdomain) if they wish to buy something?

My domain is www.thepromptcopy.com.

Any advice would be helpful...

Thanks!

Na3

17 years 7 months ago #19658 by doctorlife
Replied by doctorlife on topic Re:VirtueMart Integration?
I am inviting all you to reply here
forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,89244.0.html

many thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn