Advanved Search Comp 2.0.2 released by the 30 Jun

17 years 9 months ago #16083 by rg66
Hello,

I have finalized Version 2.0.2 and will be releasing the upgrade to the community by the 30th of June. I am still trying to insert the modification from mikko on the conditions plugin.

The following changes have been done:

1. Title can be turned on and off
2. if nothing is searched for you can now set to show all records or none
3. You can set to check AllowAccess, if set to no, you will not any more get the message "You are not authorized to view this page!"
4. You can turn off the sql error popup message. so if the sql does fire an error the user will not notice it
5. some of the logic was changed.

Please not the following if you are using multiselect fields. The sql statement works now and shows all records it can find. Please note however that if you use AND as am operator it will only show where the search criteria can be found, if you select more then one. To really get a proper result you should use for the multiselect fields the operator "OR".

Here is the link for the component www.emptorum.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=17&Itemid=28

and here the patch link www.emptorum.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=22&Itemid=28

Robert

Post edited by: rg66, at: 2006/06/27 18:15

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #16188 by scottm
Hi, I have been trying to solve this problem:

How can the results of the search be configured so the members usernames are display instead of their real name?

Thanks

Scott

17 years 8 months ago #16227 by scottm
I have sorted that problem but i have two other questions.

1. Why are admins not searchable and can it be changed/how?

2. My site so far has 32 members, 30 of them appear on page 1, If you click on the 2nd page of the results the remaining 2 memebers are not displayed. Its blank

Keep up the good work

Scott

Post edited by: scottm, at: 2006/06/29 13:54

17 years 8 months ago #16252 by pateta12
@rg66

Thanks for this great component.
I have been testing it out and seems to work great for me. (I am using real names in my site instead of usernames)

However, I want to mention that there seems to be a small mistake/problem in the backend of the component. In order for any user to be able to use the component, I have to choose Yes to the following question "Deactivate Access:". Is this how is supposed to work or is there a small mistake in the positioning of the "Yes and No" in the backend?

Thanks,
JAC

17 years 8 months ago #16256 by rg66
Hi,

the Deactivate Access is ment for the internal CB Access control. If you have set up the list to be not shown to everyone, then the list will not be shown after the search has taken place.

So the Yes to Deactivate it is correct, if you will not change the settings within the CB list manager.

If you set it to No, then you will have to change the List to get access to everyone! or the list can only be fully seen when you have signed it.

Hope that this has helped.

Robert

17 years 8 months ago #16260 by pateta12
rg66 wrote:

Hi,

the Deactivate Access is ment for the internal CB Access control. If you have set up the list to be not shown to everyone, then the list will not be shown after the search has taken place.

So the Yes to Deactivate it is correct, if you will not change the settings within the CB list manager.

If you set it to No, then you will have to change the List to get access to everyone! or the list can only be fully seen when you have signed it.

Hope that this has helped.

Robert

Thanks for the information. Now it is clear to me how this is supposed to work.

JAC

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn