How to use the [FIELDNAME] ?

18 years 4 months ago #1700 by hariyanto
How to use the [FIELDNAME] ? was created by hariyanto
Dear All,

I have the simplest question, yet I cannot answer.
How do we use the [FIELDNAME] in the registration process?

I tried using :
[WEBSITE]
[LOCATION]
[OCCUPATION]
[INTEREST]
[COMPANY]

I assume they are the fieldnames being used by the 'sample data' included with the CB RC2, correct?

The registration process goes well, but, the email sent to the users does not contain the [FIELDNAME]'s value. It shows litterally :
[WEBSITE]
[LOCATION]
[OCCUPATION]
[INTEREST]
[COMPANY]

Any idea on how to make this work?

I am using Joomla 1.04 and CB RC2.

Sincerely,
Ahau.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #1707 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:How to use the [FIELDNAME] ?
If you go back and look at the field mannager in CB I think you will find that any field that you create have a prefix of cb_ before the field name. Make sure you use the exact value in the field mannager.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 4 months ago #1708 by hariyanto
Replied by hariyanto on topic Re:How to use the [FIELDNAME] ?
Do you mean I have to add "cb_" before the fieldnames?

Because I am very certain that the field name in the database is exactly what I wrote in my previous post. and I don't see any "cb_" there.

Values from the database, jos_comprofiler_fields:

website #__comprofiler _UE_Website webaddress 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 NULL NULL 1 0 1 0 0 0 NULL NULL

Sincerely,
Ahau.

18 years 4 months ago #1709 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:How to use the [FIELDNAME] ?
I did not say anything about going to the database. Go into the Joomla administrator, then goto Components, then goto Community Builder, then Field Mannager. On that page you will see the fields. Most of them have a cb_ in front of the names. If not then you don't use the cb_. All I was saying is that you must use exactly what it has in that field.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 4 months ago #1713 by hariyanto
Uhm,... Does CAPITAL and not capital letters matter here? I am very certain that there is no "cb_". And I typed the fieldname exactly as what it is in the field manager.

FYI, I did a clean install of joomla 1.04 and installed CB RC2. And I think in the CB RC2 (joomla version) does not include "cb_" when it populates the db with sample data.

Oh one more thing, does these errors causing the problems? I still haven't figured out what went wrong, but the installation looked okay.

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/indosi01/public_html/joomla/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/imgToolbox.class.php on line 625

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/indosi01/public_html/joomla/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/imgToolbox.class.php on line 633

18 years 4 months ago #1716 by hariyanto
Figured it out.

and Yes, the CAPITAL and not capital does matter. :P

Thank you Rick.

Sincerely,
Ahau.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn