Tab Delimited, Part. Stored Online, Formatting

18 years 4 months ago #2400 by mikko
Why don't you just export it from the database periodically?

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #2416 by bdkyle
Hi Mikko,

Because I don't want the information that isn't needed to login stored on the server. Thanks!

18 years 4 months ago #2445 by mikko
Why do you want to use CB then? Just make a html form and use any php form mailer script.

The second best option is to write a plugin that captures all registrations and modificatiosn and mails them to you. Trying to do it with the built in mailing is a bit waste of time since you would need to make the mailer anyway for changes in user profiles.

mikko

18 years 4 months ago #2452 by bdkyle
Hi Mikko,

Thanks for your insight. I appreciate it a great deal.

I think you may have misread my previous post. I said I didn't want the information "that isn't needed to login" stored on the server. To be more precise, I want to store the first name, last name, username, password, and e-mail address on the server, and not store demographic information, physical home mailing address, etc, on the server, as it is more private (but not confidential or anything).

If I was just collecting this information, you are correct, I could easily use any HTML form and a PHP form mailer script. However, I want to use CB for the forums, ability to restrict selected content/downloads to registered members, as well as the ability to easily expand later. It seems like the best system for this type of use, but I would welcome alternate suggestions as well.

A plugin that captures all registrations and modifications and mails the entire form to me in tab delimited format, and writes the first name, last name, username, password, and e-mail address to the database used by CB/Joomlaboards sounds ideal. Would it be possible to write a plugin that could perform these functions? Would it also be possible to format the sign up/change form in a more orderly manner than the default presented by CB?

Thanks again for your assistance.

18 years 4 months ago #2466 by mikko
Yes, that is quite feasible with plugin.

mikko

18 years 3 months ago #2588 by bdkyle
Greetings,

If anyone is interested in creating a plugin that can take care of this need, please refer to this post in the New Development Requests Joomlapolis Forums.

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn