How Do I Create 1 List of All Users?

14 years 2 months ago #2275 by rjschad
Aren't "authors" "registered" users too?

My application consists of 66 members of an organization, all of whom are at least "registered" users, but a few are "authors", "editors", and "publishers"; there is also an "administrator", and me, the "super administrator".

When I create an alphabetical membership directory, the resulting list separates the various types of users.

Is it possible to combine all user types when creating an alphabetical listing?

Post edited by: rjschad, at: 2005/12/16 20:32
14 years 2 months ago #2276 by nant
When you create the list in the backend use the control key to select as many groups as you want to appear in the list.
14 years 2 months ago #2281 by rjschad
Thank you Nick for your reply.

I've done that, but the resulting list alphabatizes the users in groups according to their level. For example:

John Adams (reg level)
Mark Phillips (reg level)
Jim Waters (reg level)
Brad Burrows (author level)
Lori Mead (author level)
Sam Chambers (publisher level)

I would prefer the list appear as follows:

John Adams
Brad Burrows
Sam Chambers
Lori Mead
Mark Phillips
Jim Waters

Is there a way to create my preferred list?

Thanks for your help.
14 years 2 months ago #2285 by nant
I assume from the specific example you want to sort by last name. I have created a list on this site named All Members. It includes all types of users (registered upto superadmins) sorted by username. Take a look - it appears to work ok.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2005/12/16 22:55
14 years 2 months ago #2292 by rjschad
Ok .. thanx again. I don't know what I did differently, but it worked this time. All I know is that I spent a couple hours last night on this issue without success. I'm sorry to bother you with such rediculously trivial issues.
14 years 2 months ago #2293 by nant
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.447 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn