The age old CB question....CB LOGIN!

18 years 4 months ago #2304 by psquillace
The age old CB question....CB LOGIN! was created by psquillace
Hello All:
I am trying to use CB at this site that I made called myrockcity.com and for the life of me cannot get past login.

I am running Mambo 4.5.3 (which might be my problem but not sure) and when you register on the site it takes the registration fine but then when you go to log in, the page refreshes and nothing happens.:ohmy:

I installed all the mods in the zip file and unpublished the main login for mambo. So what the heck am I doing wrong?:blink:

Can somone help a newbie out.... oh and by all means, please register at the site if you need to.

Also, the online mod says that you are logged in but you still see the log in forms.

Thanks for any help or advice on this.

Paul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #2306 by psquillace
Replied by psquillace on topic Re:The age old CB question....CB LOGIN!
Ok, I found something out so far....IE SUCKS...:P

For those of you who did already know that, you can just kick my head so that I wake up to this fact.;) For some reason, I think I am the only living web designer who will not give this up yet.:blush:

This problem seems to go away with the use of FireFox. Have not tried it in any others yet but so far it is an IE issue.

Any advice on this is still helpful because my client is not web saavy enough to use firefox.

I know it works in IE cause I am able to log on to this site fine in IE so you guys got it working I just need to figure how. :unsure:

18 years 4 months ago #2309 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:The age old CB question....CB LOGIN!
sounds like a template problem. Usually, when something like this happens and things work in one browser but not in another, there is some template related issue lurking around. Try the same experiment using a different template and see if you get it working in IE.

18 years 4 months ago #2319 by crash777
Replied by crash777 on topic Re:The age old CB question....CB LOGIN!
...without seeing the admin end a couple things catch my attention:
1. The site is loading very slow (could be a host issue)
2. Your CB Online mod should be published as "registered" not public.
3. Your CB Workflows mod should be published as "special" and not public.
4. I am not having any problem other than above.. I am using NS though but a word of advice... you can't build the site for one browser. The majority of the users out there are nominal computer users and are more than likely using MSIE. Build for both... use whatever you would like to use. Test in at least NS, FF, and IE.

Hope this helps!

18 years 4 months ago #2320 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:The age old CB question....CB LOGIN!
Didn't look at the site but would like to comment on crash777 comments.
2. why not publish this as public?
3. the workflow module should definetely not be public but it can be registered.

other than that - I am really happy with the helping hand attitude everybody is demonstrating!

18 years 4 months ago #2327 by psquillace
Replied by psquillace on topic Re:The age old CB question....CB LOGIN!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks all for your help in this. It worked after I made the CB Online a Registered Mod and workflow Special.

I know I should not build for one browser but when I get lazy I do this crap. Thanks for the advice though, I always appreciate anyone has to tell me about this stuff.

THanks so much for your help!!!!!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn