Help to make CB Mambelfish compatible

18 years 3 months ago #2829 by registoni
Help to make CB Mambelfish compatible was created by registoni
I would like to implement a multilangual feature for custom created field values in Community Builder RC2 to work with Mamblefish 1.5. (I have succefully migrated from MOS 4.5.2.3 to Joomla 1.0.4 and made Mambelfish 1.5 work with Joomla and VirtueMart 1.0.1 - please see here for details virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid71&topic=9247.120 ). Now time for CB.
As far as found out the table that holds the custom created field values is _comprofiler. It has ID field so it is already compatible with Mambelfish. So I created contentelement for it see the attachement. With it it translates in the backend but the the tranlsation does not appear in front-end. It is because sql select statements does not contain id. Could someone please look in php files of comprofiler and find where to make neccesary changes in the code to make MF work correctly. I believe this is very needed fro manys and not everyone can wait till forever for release of Joomfish.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #2836 by mikko

18 years 2 months ago #3031 by registoni
Replied by registoni on topic Re:Help to make CB Mambelfish compatible
what you have in the forum post I am already aware of and using it (_UE_stuff in language files). What I was trying to accomplish is to be able to translate the values (not the field titles nor description) for custom-created fields.
I am aware that CB is not compatible with MF 1.5. But there is a hack that enables MB to take no-standard id in tables for translation (virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid71&topic=9247.120) THis hack is made specifically for VirtueMart component, but can be used for any other components. The onlyu thing that has to be done with CB is to alter the SQL SELECT statements that are responble for dispaying values of custom created fields in the userslist or in the profile.
I am not so good in php+mysql so it is beyond my skills and knowledge to find these SQL statements and alter them.
I hope you and others could understand me

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn