user profile update button is not working

18 years 1 month ago #5258 by jpark
thanks for the input steve and nant.
nant, sorry for the novice question but is it possible to drop all the tables and reinstall while keeping all of the user information? I have several current users and I wouldn't want to make them register all over again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #5299 by chin
Hi,

I have the same problem. It appeared when I added an date-field for the birthday in the contactinfo tab.
don't know what to do!

18 years 1 month ago #5306 by jpark
i was able to solve the problem by uninstalling community builder, dropping all the comprofiler tables in the database, and reinstalling. But because I didn't want to lose my member data, i sync-ed the users (community builder tools) with the joomla users before uninstalling. When I reinstalled, i sync-ed the users again and the member list came back minus some of the data in the fields that i previously created through community builder fields.. This i just manually changed using the old database that i had saved. I think this could have been done in a much easier way but I don't know much about dumping saved databases so I did it manually.. It worked for me though and everything is working fine. I hope this helps a little~

Post edited by: jpark, at: 2006/02/01 14:48

18 years 1 month ago #6521 by andyahoo
Replied by andyahoo on topic Re:user profile update button is not working
I'm haveing this problem now. Does anyone know what causes this to happen?

I'm not new any more at CB or Joomla but I don't know how to do alot of things like "dropping all the comprofiler tables in the database". Could I get a hint on how to do this?

Thanks

I'm hoping to avoid reinstalling everything.

Post edited by: andyahoo, at: 2006/02/17 03:29

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

18 years 1 month ago #6542 by chin
I'm sorry, but I solved it through dropping the CB tables and reinstalling too. Have only 27 Profile which I had to reconfigure. But sgouldn't someone know where this failure comes from? All we know is, that it is within the tables.
So maybe compare your tables whith those from an new install?

18 years 1 month ago #6569 by jpark
hey andyahoo,
you can drop tables by going to phpmyadmin in your host cpanel and find the database called jos_comprofiler. there should be a link that allows you to drop the tables.. but this deletes all your cb data so be forewarned. what i found was that uninstalling cb and reinstalling did not solve the problem b/c the database tables are still in tact and reinstalling just uses the old tables you already had.. so when you "drop" the tables, it gives you a clean slate of new tables.. but on the otherhand, your data will be lost.. to prevent this i synced all users before uninstalling and when i reinstalled the new cb, i synced users again and it brought up the users from the joomla users (jos_users i believe). after, you'll have to manually add the cb fields that are not part of the joomla fields though. it worked for me but i don't know if it will work all the time and like i mentioned before, this is probably some really rudimentary and round-about way of doing things.. i hope that helps and i hope everything works out.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.500 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn