CB and Joomlaboard

18 years 2 months ago #3259 by jonathan.lister
CB and Joomlaboard was created by jonathan.lister
Hi, I have only been using Joomla for a few days - so far everything has gone *very* nicely. I added JoomlaBoard and then CommunityBuilder, all seems to be working very well, with one minor exception, which isn't a show stopper, but I'm curious.

In CB Tab Managemet, if I enable (publish) the Forum Tab, then switch to FrontEnd view and select a user profile, I get the message "Simpleboard forum component is not installed" under the Forum tab. Other tabs like contact info and Articles work fine.

I read that Joomlaboard is a 'tweaked' version of simpleboard - is these something I need to do to let CB recognise joomlaboard instead of simpleboard?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #3264 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB and Joomlaboard
Joomlaboard has been released officially by the Simpleboard folks - so if you have installed Simpleboard instead please unistall and install Joomlaboard.
Also take a look at the CB->plugin management backend and see if the Forum plugin has been published.

18 years 2 months ago #3269 by jonathan.lister
Replied by jonathan.lister on topic Re:CB and Joomlaboard
Thanks for suggestions nant.

I can confirm that I installed Joomlaboard (not simpleboard). At least the backend Component menu shows 'Joomlaboard Forum' !

I'm not 100% clear what you mena by 'plugin', anyway I made a couple of changes:
a) Joomlaboard configuratiion - Integration tab, changed Community Builder user profile from No to Yes
b) clicked the link to create CB forum profile
c) saved config file

Now Community Builder | Tab Management shows both Forum and Forum Settings (previously was only one Forum tab), both are published .. but back at the FrontEnd, the member profile / forum tab still shows the same message "Simpleboard forum not installed", even after a global checkin and user logout login cycle.

I can't find an obvious setting in CB configuration to ask it to look for joomlaboard .. under the integration tab I have only one option listed 'myPMS2' which is set to No.

My versions are:
Joomla 1.0.5 Stable [Sunspot]
CB 1.0 RC1
Joomlaboard 1.1 Stable

Is there anywhere else I should be looking?

17 years 11 months ago #9395 by pcjunkie
Replied by pcjunkie on topic Re:CB and Joomlaboard
Same problem But no responces:S

17 years 11 months ago #9442 by jigg
Replied by jigg on topic Re:CB and Joomlaboard
I have the same problem. I am using Mambo Verison 4.5.3, Mamboboard 1.4 RC1, and CB 1.0 RC 2.

Everything seems to work fine except in the Forum Tab on the profile. It says: "Simpleboard forum component is not installed. Please contact your site administrator."

Any help would be greatly apprietiated.

17 years 11 months ago #9445 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic Re:CB and Joomlaboard
I think I remember getting that message before I created any forums or topics within them. Go into Forum Administration in the Joomlaboard Forum control panel and create at least one forum and one topic within it. I could be wrong about this, but I do remember that message and I remember going in and creating a forum/topic as part of the board setup.

Cheers!
Bruce

Post edited by: bascherz, at: 2006/03/31 23:47

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.417 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn