A CB Overview?

18 years 3 months ago #3359 by ChozCunningham
A CB Overview? was created by ChozCunningham
I have installed Joomla, SMF (wrapped) and MY PMS Enhanced, and will be adding a gallery soon. I have also installed CB (latest version) As I think I want this to make everything work together smoothely for the end users, as well as develop a sense of community.

Is there a good overview document explaining the general concepts and implementation of CB? I have learned there are 4 different 'workflows' but not what a 'workflow' is. and what the module does for those. And then there are those other modules... What are all the sections in the back end, and why are some unpublished, but visible, and others are published but invisible? What are "Profile? Registration? Published?" specifically in the Field management, or more importantly, how do I use all the CB parts to create the experience I want? I have lots more conceptual questions... is there a CB for Dummies web page out there? Help!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #3365 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:A CB Overview?
The documentation is available on subscription basis. See the downloads on this site.

mikko

18 years 3 months ago #3366 by ChozCunningham
Replied by ChozCunningham on topic Re:A CB Overview?
Yeah! That looks like exactly the plain-english I need to get my brain around things. I saw that earlier and thought it was just a how-to install in your server. Thank you!

I don't know what you mean by subscription basis. I just went and clicked on it here: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_details/gid,17/Itemid,36/

not the friendliest description, but the pdf itself is excellent.

Post edited by: ChozCunningham, at: 2006/01/09 20:32

18 years 3 months ago #3443 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:A CB Overview?
ChozCunningham,

What Mikko was refering to was the full documentation. The link that you provided was just the basic guide. If you want the full documetation click on the link below where they discussed this with the instructions on how to subscribe to this.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,20/id,686/#686

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn