integrating with a real club with paid up members

18 years 3 months ago #3514 by speleo
Please can someone be so kind as to answer some newbee questions:
I run a website for a sports club and would like to restrict member access to real paid up members of our club. Non club members will have access to the general site but clearly I’ll use the ACL to grant the real members enhanced content.
I need to extend the standard Joomla user db to include additional information. I believe this is pretty simple in CB.

1. Is there an addon that simplifies member database administration from the front end? I’d like to be able to give our membership secretary access to check and update if members have paid their subscriptions (not done online), have insurance and other field functions.

2. Does running CB add administration burdens when applying patches for other components? Or in other words does it mess with the core?

3. How does enabling CB deal with users who have already registered? Do they need to re-register or are there tools for this?

4. Does CB have a long range strategy for when phase 2 Joomla ACL is sorted? (Bring it on!)

5. Is it possible to prepopulate the user db with data already held on our members? Such as names and addresses.

6. Where can I find the Reference Guide?

Many thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #3547 by mikko
1) No, only user approving can be done through front end
2) No.
3) There is a tool to migrate existing users
4) I believe that it has
5) You can do that, but you need to do that directly to the database and know some SQL for that.
6) At the downloads. The full documentation is for subscribers only

mikko

18 years 3 months ago #3553 by rick
1) Picture approval is also done from the same front end interface. I'm not a coder but I bet you could hook into the workflow module to accomplish things like this but would require special plugin or core hack.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn