Field description

18 years 2 months ago #3743 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:Field description
Don't think it is strickly an IE problem as IE is what I use as well and my site works just fine.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #3745 by Kampp
Replied by Kampp on topic Re:Field description
I tried to switch off the other overlib module. No change.
I have even tried to switch template. No change.

My joomla is version 1.0.5 - could this be one more of the errors in that version?

Creator of the CB plugins: "User IP log" and "Public Mail"
Joomla! services/coding: www.toolmaster.dk
Joomla! services/coding: joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla! hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk

18 years 2 months ago #4458 by Kampp
Replied by Kampp on topic Re:Field description
I have now upgraded til 1.0.7 and that made no differenc. I now know that the problem is with CB and should be addressed soon as I have seen others with the same problem...

Here is a better explanation about whats going on:

On my frontpage I load overlib for explanation of buttons. If I then load a page that uses overlib someting happends...

Component like "Community Builder": The "explanation of buttons" overlib change color and the overlib feature in Community Builder stops working.

There are other ways the error show...

Mambot for "Glossary": Overlib totally disappears from both the "explanation of buttons" and the mambot function. If I remove load of overlib in mambot everything works fine!

Where do I switch off the loading of overlib in CB for testting?

18 years 2 months ago #4462 by marauder1001
Replied by marauder1001 on topic Re:Field description - Overlib Problem!
Since this is the only thread I can find on the Overlib-thing, here's another bug, and I'd like to know if anyone else has the same thing:

In Firefox, it's fine for all components, modules, etc.
But in IE, when you hover your mouse over the blue info circle, the Overlib is "split" into two columns - one showing the actual description - the other one showing code of some kind???

Why?? ... this is driving me mad!

Anyone has any knowledge on this? Can I completely disable overlib all together in Joomla?? I mean, I'd rather be without it, that having problems like this. :(

I'd building a danish site, so you might not understand the text, but if you wanna take a look at this annoying thing, you can see it here: Kulturfabrikken

This link will take you to the registrationform, where the problem is most obvious.

Please help me with this.... I'm going nuts!
:pinch: and any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanx in advance!

----
PS: Forgot to mention, that this is only happening on one of my sites. I have another two sites, one even on another host, same version of Joomla: 1.0.7 Stable, everything's pretty much the same,... the only difference is that this one (the one with the problem) is on a subdomain. But I don't see how that would influence it.
Thanx.
----

Post edited by: marauder1001, at: 2006/01/22 17:42

18 years 2 months ago #4477 by JoomlaJoe
Replied by JoomlaJoe on topic Re:Field description - Overlib Problem!
Well there are a lot of reasons why this may occur. You could have another component or module regardless of its use of overlib that might have a javascript problem and since overlib is based on javacript this problem might be a result of that.

What I'd like to ask each of you is to switch your template from your current custom template to the default joomla template that deploys when you install joomla.

The second thing is when you use IE and use this site do they popups happen like they should? They do for me and we are using the same generally available version of CB RC2 as everyone else has access to.

Let me know what you find. My suspision is that this is going to be related to something specific to you template or a rogue module/component. Best of luck.

JoomlaJoe *The developer formally known as MamboJoe*
CB Core Team

18 years 2 months ago #4487 by Kampp
Replied by Kampp on topic Re:Field description - Overlib Problem!
Hi great to finally have a developer on this :)

I tried the template thing and that made no difference and no bugs reportet in IE, BUT I then took on the task of testing all modules and found the problem there as you predicted!
I have a module that corrects the PNG bug in IE (a javascript) and as soon as this was unpublished it worked (still changing the colors of other overlib sadly).

My conclusion is that the module is the problem, but there still is something strange with the CB overlib as it unlike all other cases changes the colors of other overlib.

Where do I change the color that the CB overlib uses?

Again thanks for you help and the hint about the module. Had never thought of the solution being so simple :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn