Hide some users

18 years 3 months ago #3723 by Raj
Hide some users was created by Raj
I have 3 kinds of users: Attorneys, Experts, and Patients. Patients browse attorneys and experts and add them to their friends list. Lets them track this data easily while they're seeking an attorney. Works great.

But...I need to hide the patient profiles. That's protected information and can't ever show up in a search or on a list or anywhere else. Big privacy issues. How?

Roger

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #3730 by browneye253
Replied by browneye253 on topic Re:Hide some users
I believe the only way to currently accomplish this is to ban the patient profiles. This should prevent them from displaying.

There is a plugin for conditional fields, but I'm not sure if it would work in this manner to where you say "if usertype equals patient certain fields are not published" or something along those lines, might be something to look into.

18 years 3 months ago #3734 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Hide some users
Conditions only works when you edit profiles.

I do not think that there is a way to accomplish this currently. Not even with a custom plugin.

mikko

18 years 3 months ago #3737 by AnyTime
Replied by AnyTime on topic Re:Hide some users

if usertype equals patient certain fields are not published" or something along those lines, might be something to look into.

We too need to limit what fields display based on what group. We have a rude hack, but its really rude. I will see if the programmer can make it a little cleaner and see what we can do about publishing..

BEAT/NANT - Will a plugin do this? I'm not sure what to tell my coder or what direction to lead him in besides hacking the files/db direct.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn