Tabs not showing up

18 years 3 months ago #3841 by TUSE
Tabs not showing up was created by TUSE
I was poking around here and noticed that the profile tabs have several features I would like to add to my site. The gallery, forums, quick contact etc.. I went into the tabs section on CB and checked the ones that I wanted added and made sure they were published and nothing is showing up..

I searched the forums but not much here on it. Any ideas or is there something more that I am not doing here?

Thanks
Tim

Post edited by: TUSE, at: 2006/01/15 00:45

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #3842 by TUSE
Replied by TUSE on topic Re:Tabs not showing up
I said nothing was showing up.. Articles, blogs and Connections are showing.

18 years 3 months ago #3845 by andyahoo
Replied by andyahoo on topic Re:Tabs not showing up
It might be that you don't have the forum installed yet. If it is the plugin might not be installed. Same with the gallery. To install the plugins you need to go the the community builder component area and click on plugin management. If you scroll down a little you will see the upload and install button.

Some tabs won't show up untill they has something to display.

Post edited by: andyahoo, at: 2006/01/15 02:51

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

The following user(s) said Thank You: devkbsc

18 years 2 months ago #5612 by danz
Replied by danz on topic Re:Tabs not showing up
I am having a problem with tabs not showing up and it appears to be my template Extremities 2 from Rocket Theme. Do you what what would case the template to do this?

17 years 9 months ago #16402 by mattpist
Replied by mattpist on topic Re:Tabs not showing up
yeah, im having the same problem with the same template (extremities 2 by rockettheme), and i can't seem to figure out where to locate the code that's causing the problem.

it's definitely an issue with the template, not CB, as the tabs work fine with any other template. perhaps the template is blockign the CSS for the tabs? im not sure.

anyways, if someone could point me in the right direction on this, id really appreciate it. if you'd like to see an example of my problem, please go to appliedpiracy.net/joomla/ and login with the testuser account ive created:

l: testuser
p: testme

and take a look at the testuser profile.

thanks!

17 years 9 months ago #16868 by mattpist
Replied by mattpist on topic Re:Tabs not showing up
um... does *anyone* have even the slightest answer for this?

the cb configuration panel says:

As some Joomla/Mambo templates do not include the necessary statement ( <?php mosShowHead(); ?> ), this setting is optional. You can check the index.php file of your template or just turn this on and see if the user profile tabs display. In the current release, we made progress towards W3C XHTML compliance, but only a few pages are fully compliant yet. Of course, you need to use a compliant Joomla/Mambo template as well to be compliant.

i think this may be the problem, but i have no clue where [code:1]<?php mosShowHead(); ?>[/code:1] is supposed to go in the index.php file. if someone could help with this i would *really* appreciate it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: devkbsc, Arther01

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn