Limits of Community Builder

18 years 1 month ago #5011 by tanager23
Replied by tanager23 on topic Re:Limits of Community Builder
I'm well aware of the users list. But i didn't say CB Lists. What i meant is....the connections tab in the USER'S PROFILE doesn't paginate. I just migrated my social networking site (which has thousands of users already connected to each other) to use joomla & i noticed that the connection tab just lists everybody.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #5038 by Raj
Replied by Raj on topic Re:Limits of Community Builder
This is probably a quick fix. They're working on the release of CB 1.0 stable, so my advice is to message Beat or Trail or JoomlaJoe or Nant or one of the other resident geniuses involved in the core.

probably the easiest thing to do is let the administrator set the maximum number of connections. Who can keep track of 100 friends anyway?

18 years 1 month ago #5039 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Limits of Community Builder
tanager23 wrote:

I'm well aware of the users list. But i didn't say CB Lists. What i meant is....the connections tab in the USER'S PROFILE doesn't paginate. I just migrated my social networking site (which has thousands of users already connected to each other) to use joomla & i noticed that the connection tab just lists everybody.

Yes you are right - even though pagination is part of the API it was not implemented for connections, article and blog tabs. I am trying to get this put into 1.0 stable. If you want I can send you some code to test.

18 years 1 month ago #5047 by tanager23
Replied by tanager23 on topic Re:Limits of Community Builder
Thanks Nant. You can email me the codes at tanager23@yahoo.com . I can sure do the testing for you guys. I am still new to joomla and I really like this community builder.

17 years 5 months ago #21737 by junkers
Replied by junkers on topic Re:Limits of Community Builder
Hmm. This looks like a thread I need to track. Having loads of problems with my VPS.

1) Would you guys generally opine that Joomla/CB code is reasonably/acceptably optimized?

2) Any opinions on older modules written by JoomlaJoe (MamboJoe) being used in CB.

3) Any opinions on the scalability of Gallery 2?

4) How well does the Joomla cache work? I figure that setting a cache time of 500 seconds or more should have a huge impact on performance, provided that most of the pageloads pick up stuff saved in the cache. My guess is with diverse users looking a completely different stuff (different profiles for instance), the cache might not be as effective as for other sites where the pageloads usually pick up very similar data such as the latest news or latest articles/posts.

Thanks.

Post edited by: junkers, at: 2006/09/29 19:15

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn