Detailed guide requires donation or contrib??

18 years 4 months ago #515 by phil_roy
Hi all,

I've logged in because CB interests me, but I'm amazed that in order to get hold of the detailed guide about CB (which I thought would be a goood way for people like me to get a good understanding of what CB is and how it all works) I either have to contribute or make a donation to the project?

You can see the related comment at the bottom of this page...
www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/24/37/

Sorry, but I find it odd to be promised more detail only after you donate.

Phil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #533 by Jelte
They don't want to make CB commercial.. so I think this is a very good solution.

When you need more support (documentation) you pay a little donation. Just like other products...

18 years 4 months ago #667 by Phleum
Where would we find the place to do that? I haven't located a link or other process to get into the document subscription at joomlapolis yet? I'm probably overlooking it...

18 years 4 months ago #668 by Mackelito
Replied by Mackelito on topic Re:Detailed guide requires donation or contrib??
is there a minimum amount?

18 years 4 months ago #686 by nant
Hi,
Sorry for the confussion.
Yes, we have decided to provide documentation on a subscription basis. Unfortunately, we haven't automated the process yet and thats why we haven't published any article about this.
Our mistake.
So, while the automation script is under development, the logistics of the transaction are:
  • The yearly documentation subscription fee is 25 euros.
  • You can use the current donation module to pay the amount but please include a note that this transaction is to subscribe to the 2006 documentation.
  • Any upgrades or additional documents throughout the year 2006 will be provided to all subscribers
  • After the transaction please PM me (nant) on this site and I will respond with download instructions

Sorry for the temporary inconvenience - thank you for your support and interest!

18 years 4 months ago #2163 by phil_roy
Wow...I hadn't received any of the follow up posts to this thread for some time. I just decided that CB was something I could make use of as I have had some support at the phpBB component site about integration...

www.joomlastuff.org/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,40/page,viewtopic/p,9869/

So just donated $15 USD which, considering the aspects of CB I want to use (I won't be using blogs, galleries and a number of other tools) I felt was reasonable to get some extra support material...and now I check this thread and find out I'm still going to miss out?!

Sorry...I know this is going to affect my Kharma rating I'm sure and the work done on CB is impressive, but 25 Euros per year for support material! It feels slightly like a backdoor way to generate some income. I would have thought at least you would have made it a minimum donation and then left it up to others to decide.

I'm not opposed to donations, I've donated to Xoops, Mambo, Joomla, Joomla components - bookmarks, yanc, phpBB and also paid for 3 Phil Taylor components....but that's a high set fee (remember you're charging per year) for something I won't know the value of until I get it.

Phil

PS...Phil Taylor has a component that delivers electronic ietms after payment...why not buy his component and use that (and no, I wasn't being sarcastic there...his system works well)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn