Calendar Events Notification

18 years 1 month ago #7629 by UniqueOperator
Calendar Events Notification was created by UniqueOperator
I've been searching for a Calendar that will send an email out to a email list X number of days prior to event. A reminder type email. I'm currently using ExtCal and it does not have that feature. Nor do any others I've found. Any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #7818 by UniqueOperator
Replied by UniqueOperator on topic Re:Calendar Events Notification
More searching and still nothing. I may be asking this wrong. The feature term could be called a "Reminder". Each event would have option to have a "reminder" set for days, hours; at the given time a reminder email would be sent to either a category email list or subscriber list. I see this feature available on may sites such as Yahoo, eBay, etc..... Not finding this in the top 5 or 6 popular Joomla calendars I tried a commerical one that advertised this feature .... Thyme ... I went through the exhausing effort of installing their 30 day trial .... and found this product is misleading ... it does not have this feature.

I sure could use some help here buds.

17 years 9 months ago #15930 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:Calendar Events Notification
Have you found some solution? I am also interested but see there is poor integration and poor calendars only for use with cb...

17 years 6 months ago #21843 by fire
Replied by fire on topic Re:Calendar Events Notification
any luck finding this feature?

please let me know...

currently I am using thyme too...

Using CB 1.2 RC2 - EnglishVillage.Asia
- Programmer, Teacher, Consultant

17 years 6 months ago #21994 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:Calendar Events Notification
nope. i am using the new save version of extcalendar but not in the community yet but just for me as admin. would be great to get it integrated in cb but it seems to be a problem that extcalendar does not store user information which is why there cannot be a cb plugin to show events of specific users. somebody would have to recode a little.. there should be another thread concerning this problem....

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn