New Advanced Search Component will be released

18 years 4 weeks ago #8736 by rg66
Just wanted to inform the community that I have worked on my Advanced Search component and I will release the component begining of April 06.

What is new? The system is now a stand alone component and no hacks in the CB Core files are necessary. There is a front and a backend site. In the Backend you have the ability to activity three, yes THREE, search forms for the user. The first has a simple one field where you can add the search word and then you decide if you what to search any, all or the exacte words. The second shows all published and active fields and you can choose per field between AND, OR, NOT, EQUALS TO. Here I should mention that the admin has the ability in the back end to further set what published and activated fields should be included in the search form. The third form is ment for "advanced users" who understand sql and boolean operators. Here also the adminsitartor can turn on and off logical and comparision operators, which will be shown in the front end.

What I forgot to mention as well, the core tables are not changed either. So if CB is making changes in their API or in their sql tables, the advanced search component will still work!!!

I should also mention that the mambot has been changed as well and is now a stand alone without any hacks. So the search forms from joomla can search the CB as well.

Here is the download link www.emptorum.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=8&Itemid=28

Post edited by: rg66, at: 2006/04/01 17:59

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 weeks ago #8738 by nant
Outstanding news!
Anxiously waiting to see what you've got.

18 years 4 weeks ago #8742 by mediaguru
CAN'T WAIT! AWESOME.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

18 years 4 weeks ago #8758 by pointri
Get ready for a hyperinjection of karma. B)

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

18 years 4 weeks ago #8771 by Notexa
Best news of the day :woohoo:
Karma added !

[url=http://www.notexa.be/[/url]

18 years 3 weeks ago #8775 by stevebor1
Has anyone tried this CB Profile Search?

CBsearch

Looks like rg's ASC, maybe an older version?

Post edited by: stevebor1, at: 2006/03/23 02:44

Karma Me Up!
File Attachment:

FITcommunity
Joomla! 1.0.12 - Community Builder 1.0.2 - Joomlaboard 1.1.2
Own Mods Featured Profile Mod
My Real Day Job
File Attachment:

Mobile Wallet and Social Lending, Anywhere!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.370 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn