New Advanced Search Component will be released

18 years 1 month ago #8787 by nbf78
Hi stevebor1,

I just used this component after seeing your post. It works with fields starting with cb_*. But when I added a new field in CB and tried to update the search component, the new field did not show up in the list. I uninstalled the CB search component and reinstalled it. The new field showed up after that.

Is there something wrong with the Update tool?

Also how to embedd it in a content page rather than in the menu?

Thanks for any help!!

Post edited by: nbf78, at: 2006/03/23 10:00

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #8794 by rg66
the component which is available to the community is the old version. Please wait still one week.

The new component does not care any more if the field starts with cb_. It will take all fields which are stated in the cb profile fields table.

Robert

18 years 1 month ago #8798 by animas
Hmm. A Quick Search Module would be a COOL edition. I would love to use that module even if I need to set the field number values manually(seeing from DB) inside that module.

If you have time, you can add an extra option "Include in Quick Search" in CBSEARCH backend to give us more comfort.:whistle:

18 years 1 month ago #8893 by nbf78
Hi rg66,

Will I be able to embed the search component into content pages or be able to use it as a module?

I would like to use it to search my CB list and want it to be on the same page as the CB list.

Thanks for your efforts!! :woohoo:

18 years 3 weeks ago #9433 by rg66
Hallo,

just want to inform the community, that I will release the component tomorrow.

nbf78,

we are talking of a component and not a module. The one thing that mightinterest you, is that the search component has a CB list and does all the things and a bit more, then the original Userlist. Further there is a link to te advanced search application. You will read and see all once the component is released.

Bob

18 years 3 weeks ago #9449 by beat
Hi Bob,

Just saw this thread (i'm emerging from weeks of bug-squashing on CB 1.0 stable, concentrating only at the "bugs" sub-forum :blink:).

Really looking forward to your great addition. :)

I like very much the independant and clean concept you layed out.

Please let me know if you need any special hooks or events in CB to better support/integrate your component (I can implement only lightweight mods at this late pre-release stage of CB 1.0 stable, rest will be for next release).

Best Regards,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn