user report link missing

18 years 4 months ago #894 by eyerouge
user report link missing was created by eyerouge
I just noticed that the "report user"-link is missing when you view a profile. Don't know if it vanished with my rc2 update or if I have disabled something. In backend settings it is set on - users should be able to see the link an report, but they can't now since the link is nowhere to find.

If I use the menu, is it supposed to show in there? Or is it a regular link in the corner, as it was before RC2? Any ideas why it doesn't show? Everything else seems to work perfect.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #907 by nant

18 years 4 months ago #909 by eyerouge
Replied by eyerouge on topic Re:user report link missing
There seems to be a problem with the access to the moderation-menu:

I'm superadmin on the site, and whenever the mod-group is set to manager, admin or super-admin I see the menu (the one where I can banm profile & reject image, not the one I asked for in previous post - that still doesn't show. I have also disabled the first menu with the about info, hope that doesn't do anything, will include that info in my footer instead). If I set the modgroup to Editor or Publisher I won't be able to see the menu any longer. It doesn't seem to inherit the access across the front/back-end groups. Is it just me, or can somebody verify that?

Also, as I wrote above, my original problem still remains, but now I seem to have found another one ;)

And just so that I got you straight: The CB Moderation Menu, it's front-end, one of the fancy rc2 menus that appear when users browse another users profile, right?

Last but not the least: Have you guys activated yours in here? Cause when I searched the menu in your profile to "report" you I didn't find that option. So I guess you have disabled it for the whole community on purpose, right?

Post edited by: eyerouge, at: 2005/11/29 19:38

Post edited by: eyerouge, at: 2005/11/29 19:39

Update: Okey, just realized that a regular user can't report an admin. Am I right? That would explain my problem in the original post, but, the newly-found with the cross back and front-end access remains.

Post edited by: eyerouge, at: 2005/11/29 19:44

18 years 4 months ago #916 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:user report link missing
Actually everything is very logical once you get the hang of it.
On your site login as a regular user. You should be able to see the report user menu item when viewing another profile.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn