Zoom Permissions / Limits / Galleries

18 years 4 weeks ago #8620 by eyekon1
Zoom Permissions / Limits / Galleries was created by eyekon1
Hello, I have a few questions regarding zoom gallery. I've searched the zoomfactory.org but was unable to find anything that answered my questions.

I was hoping someone here would be able to help me?!

Question 1

Is there a way to have each member who signs up for the site to have their own gallery pre-made? So that they don't have to go through the hassel of having to make a gallery.

Each member will only be allowed to have ONE picture gallery where they can upload all their media to. This gallery is accessible to all the other members, but can only be DELETED / EDITED / MOVED / UPLOADeD by the Member Owner of this gallery.

Question 2

a) Would it be possible to limit the file size amount per member for uploading media. For example, A new member would be given only 5MB's of disk space to upload whatever media they wish.

b) Would it then be possible, as the member becomes more active and a contributor to the site, that their 5MB's of space can then be increased to 10MBs in the future. Sort of a "reward" incentive.

Any help / info would be greatly apprieciated

Thank You in Advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 weeks ago #8809 by eyekon1
Replied by eyekon1 on topic Re:Zoom Permissions / Limits / Galleries
*bump*

anyone?

18 years 3 weeks ago #9019 by huggy59
Replied by huggy59 on topic Re:Zoom Permissions / Limits / Galleries
In order for a gallery to be only managed by the owner (or admins), it must be in the owner's name, that is, set up by using their account, and NOT Shared. To allow other users to see the gallery, set the group in the frontend Members tab to Public or Registered users. Zoom has no feature (as yet that I know of - v2.5.1 RC1) to allow an admin to set up a gallery and transfer ownership to another user. There is also no way to share admin of a gallery to a select few users other than the owner (and admins) except thru the Share feature, which opens it to all users (all or one).

Therefore, to make one and just one gallery for a user, you would have to set the rights in the Zoom backend to not allow users to create galleries, and hook into the registration process with code to create a gallery at user account registration time, or create a special utility to do this for you.

I don't know of any way to limit individuals gallery sizes yet - it's not in the Zoom code yet.

- huggy59

18 years 3 weeks ago #9022 by huggy59
Replied by huggy59 on topic Re:Zoom Permissions / Limits / Galleries
I've created a quick and dirty hack to the Zoom Media Gallery to allow the admins to create new galleries and assign them to a user on the system other than themselves, based on userIDs (UID). This saves a lot of time if you have back-end restrictions that make it cumbersome to change rights, create galleries in the user's account, then change rights back.

Line references here are for ZMG v2.5.1 RC1, as installed on my systems. I run CB and Joomla.

Hack the file <siteinstallationdir>/components/com_zoom/www/admin/new.php in these two places:

1. On or near line 71 you should see the uid assignment, which defines the user account that the gallery will be created for:

$uid = $zoom->_CurrUID;

REPLACE that line with this code:

[code:1]
<!
/>
// if admin, allow choice of user gallery belongs to, otherwise, use current user
if ($zoom->_isAdmin) {
$uid = $uidx;
}else{
$uid = $zoom->_CurrUID;
}
<!
/>
[/code:1]

2. After making that change, you will need to put a new text entry box on the page to enter the new uid. After (now) line 160, which is the table definition for the entry boxes, INSERT this code, which adds a table row for the new uid entry (I chose to put it as the first entry box in my table - move it anywhere you want it):

[code:1]
<!
/>
<?php if ($zoom->_isAdmin) {
echo "<tr><td>" . "Assign to UserID: " . "</td><td>";
echo "<input class='inputbox' type='text' name='uidx' value='" . $zoom->_CurrUID . "' size='4'></td></tr>";
} ?>
<!
/>
[/code:1]

Now, this is a HACK and is not set up for language files, etc... but it gets the job done. To easily see your userIDs, (UID), usr the Members tab and find the user to whom you want assign the new gallery, and the number in the front of their name is their UID.

Works here. Good luck!!

Post edited by: huggy59, at: 2006/03/26 01:04

- huggy59

18 years 3 weeks ago #9168 by eyekon1
huggy59

thankyou so much for the response, I will try out your suggestions.

:cheer:

18 years 3 weeks ago #9170 by eyekon1
huggy59

thankyou so much for the response, I will try out your suggestions.

:cheer:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn