A Few Questions...

13 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 11 months ago #158386 by JBDXLT123
A Few Questions... was created by JBDXLT123
Hi,
After looking at the user guide I'm still a little unclear about this add-on.
Do I install using the J! ex. mgr. or the cb plugin installer?
After install where will I find it?
I have a excel list of existing members(about 1000). It is my understanding that I need to make the column names match as well as making sure that all cells are 'text' UTF8 and exported with double quotes in a csv.
I read this guide:
www.joomlapolis.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=112&id=136446&Itemid=83
Does this guide look correct using CBJuice2.0?
Can/Should I do a export with CBJuice (I have a few users in the system)to reveal the table structure so I can make excel match?
Thanks for the advise in advance
-J

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #158387 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Re: A Few Questions...
  1. CBJUICE2 installs as a component. You will see it in the components menu in Joomla.
  2. The easiest way to see the record structure is to save even one user
  3. Doing a add, use all the fields that you have good data for. Leave the others out.
  4. For edit, use the username or email and ONLY the fields that you want to change
  5. There is a PDF in the CBJUICE downloads section that has useful hints
  6. Your general understanding is correct. I would recommend processing the CSV with Libreoffice or OpenOffice

13 years 2 weeks ago #159327 by JBDXLT123
Replied by JBDXLT123 on topic Re: A Few Questions...
At least in my case I notice that data exported from CG Juice has no commas, only double quotes-("name""username""email""password"), but if I understand the instructions correctly I need to supply data in this format - (username,password,firstname,lastname,email). But I also get the feeling I can supply it in either as long as I set the delimiter to comma ("name","username","email","password"). I think I read somewhere that all field types need to be set to text and formatted in utf-8, correct?

Passwords: On an ADD, if I supply a password in a non-hashed form, does joomla convert (hash) it from there?

I'm also trying to set-up members with a subscription start date (cbsubs). If I include just the "registerDate" is it then possible to use cbsubs import tool to assign these users a one year subscription and will that subscription start based on that register date or is there another field I should be using?

My plan is to do an ADD with just one record as a test:

"username","password","firstname","lastname","email","registerDate"
"JohnH","f@utXJv3","John","Henry","johnhenery@foo.com","2011-02-13 19:34:07"

In the process I'll set the delimiter to comma, set to add (dont want to mess up existing, not sure what save does), process on username, skip the audit list and skip the HASHED.

Good?

Thanks in advance!

13 years 2 weeks ago #159339 by wolverton
Replied by wolverton on topic Re: A Few Questions...
When you do a Save to CSV, if the parameter is not set you will get that result without the comma. If the parameters have not been set yet you have to hit the parameters button and save with the delimiter you want to use - default is comma.

What you have should work. Since that is not a hashed password the 'Use HASHED Passwords' box will remain unchecked.

13 years 2 weeks ago #159378 by JBDXLT123
Thanks for the quick reply,
Do you have any ideas reguarding the CBSubs subscription start date?

13 years 2 weeks ago #159581 by JBDXLT123
No Ideas??

"I'm also trying to set-up members with a subscription start date (cbsubs). If I include just the "registerDate" is it then possible to use cbsubs import tool to assign these users a one year subscription and will that subscription start based on that register date or is there another field I should be using?"

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn