Disable Joomla email notification

12 years 5 months ago #181280 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Re: Disable Joomla email notification
I guess the problem is not needing to send out 2 emails that contain the same information - too confusing for the new user.

How do add the password in the CSV file? Do I make them up for each user and convert it to a hash code? If so , how do I do that? Or does CBJUICE encode the password in the CSV file?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #181282 by wolverton
Replied by wolverton on topic Re: Disable Joomla email notification
CBJuice2 will hash the password for you.

In 1.7, administrator/language/en-.GB/en-GB.plg_user_joomla.ini is the file to edit if you want to change the welcome email

12 years 5 months ago #181287 by wolverton
Just a few notes about sending the password out on CBJ2 ADD or EDIT:
In Options, CBJuice welcome message (Mail Body) must be modified to include password ... e.g.

new user details for the web site [SITEURL]
email: [EMAIL]
username:[USERNAME]
password: [CBJPASSWORD]

If plain-text password field is included in the CSV file, it will be hashed into the database, and the plain-text password will go into the welcome message to the new user if 'Check this box to send a confirmation email to the user.' is checked.

12 years 5 months ago #181289 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Re: Disable Joomla email notification
I see now where I may have gone wrong during my testing. I was not using the correct field type [CBJPASSWORD] to send out the password. When i send out emails it was sending blank passwords.

So the combination of editing the joomla welcome email and CBJuice makes it a perfect toolset for importing existing users.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #181305 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Re: Disable Joomla email notification
Plaintext passwords that work in the email are automatically generated by the ADD code if no password field is supplied. DO NOT SUPPLY THE PASSWORD IN THE HEADER.

12 years 5 months ago #181338 by wolverton
Important note re password field...

In order for the password to be sent to the new user by CBJuice2, you either leave out the password column entirely and a random password will be generated and sent, OR you have the password column with passwords filled in. IF the password column is there but the password is blank, password will not be included in the email to user.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn