CB Juice Importing Users but breaks link in CB

11 years 11 months ago #198991 by COLUMBIANLODGE
CB Juice Importing Users but breaks link in CB was created by COLUMBIANLODGE
I'm testing importing users to my site before we go live. There are approximately 185 users and I have A LOT of custom fields that aren't stock Joomla... so importing is absolutely necessary.

Now, I know CBJuice doesn't technically support Joomla 2.5 yet. But, it installed fine on the site and imports all fields with no problems for a few test users.

However, when I go to user management in CB, the link breaks (see attached screen capture of error on Mac, using safari) and I can't view/edit any details for the user in CB. I can in stock Joomla, but obviously all the CB fields aren't there. The users will be able to access themselves through "my account" link to their CB profile on the front end, but I'd be powerless on the back end. I'd rather address this ahead of "go live."

In order of preference:
1) can the above be fixed, freeing me to go ahead and import my users?

2) is there an easy way (for a novice, non-heavy dB/php/mysql user) to import without CBjuice

3) am i stuck hiring a college kid for data entry? :-)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #198998 by jciconsult
1) CBJUICE works in 2.5
2) CBJUICE imports data into FIELDS THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY DEFINED IN CB.
3) CBJUICE does NOT move field definitions.
4) Everything should work - you have obviously done something wrong. We use it all the time in 2.5
5) Use CBtools to check your tables and see what you have screwed up.

11 years 11 months ago #199031 by wolverton
Try enabling debug mode, and check your error logs.

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #199127 by COLUMBIANLODGE
Replied by COLUMBIANLODGE on topic Re: CB Juice Importing Users but breaks link in CB

jciconsult wrote: 1) CBJUICE works in 2.5

Ok, I'll rephrase related to #1 - when downloading CBjuice it technically didn't list 2.5 (stopped at 1.7). Regardless, it uploaded and appeared to be working fine in terms importing.

jciconsult wrote: 2) CBJUICE imports data into FIELDS THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY DEFINED IN CB.
3) CBJUICE does NOT move field definitions.

I followed these steps when installing and testing:

1) defined the fields within CB
2) installed CBJuice
3) exported a CSV of current users, to confirm how the CSV was organized
4) added some test user data to the CSV
5) attempted upload

All test users were uploaded fine, so there was nothing wrong with the addition of users. The problem was that I could no longer access the user via CB User Management (components > CB > user management). In addition, I can no longer access CB configuration. Something has happened somewhere to break the scripts.

jciconsult wrote: 4) Everything should work - you have obviously done something wrong. We use it all the time in 2.5
5) Use CBtools to check your tables and see what you have screwed up.

Naturally something has been messed up, otherwise I wouldn't be seeking help. I have been posting on the CB forums, Joomla Forums, and searching google for additional ideas. I have gone so far as to uninstall the component and modules, drop all of the associated database tables and data, and start with an entirely fresh install... still no luck...

I did check the CB tools and all came back "clear" and green. No errors reported, anyway.

After the fresh install didn't work, I inquired with our hosting service that provided this additional information on the scripting error they are seeing on their end, but they can't assist any further with how to address it:

"Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: www.columbianlodge.org/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showusers&view=showusers"

wolverton wrote: Try enabling debug mode, and check your error logs.

Unfortunately nothing further shows up on the error logs, and debug mode information actually doesn't show up on the page displaying the error.

Just in case it's helpful, we're on:
Joomla 2.5.4
Community Builder 1.8

11 years 11 months ago #199129 by wolverton
Not likely a CBJuice issue. I didn't think the debug setting would help since the error is from Apache.
So you get this error with a totally fresh Joomla/CB install before importing users?
What versions of Apache and PHP?

11 years 11 months ago #199130 by jciconsult
I am mystified. The only think I can think is that some field has data in it that conflicts with javascript. We are planning a version with a modest fix in the near term but are mystified with your problem and would like to address it. What template are you using? Are you using a special administrator template or other non-standard patches to the back end?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn