Writing plugins for GroupJive?

13 years 1 month ago #158187 by Avasa
Writing plugins for GroupJive? was created by Avasa
Hi All,

I need to add some tabs to groupjive. I'm using it as a client workspace for web development projects.

Particularly, I'm looking to make a tab for file exchange - potentially tied to projectfork.

I'm also going to need to build a tab in to integrate with JAccounts to enable managers to invoice clients and clients to pay.

I haven't written plugins for CB before but am a programmer, and have the documentation and example files.

However, I'm not sure how to write plugins specifically for groupjive and wondered if there was any documentation anywhere, or if I should just toy around with the files and learn by example / modding.

Many thanks,

~Avasa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #158224 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Writing plugins for GroupJive?
All the integrations included with GJ are plugins and are exactly how you'd write new plugins. The easiest to review would be the Wall integration. Simply review source or even make rename changes to classes/functions and then re-purpose the functions to work how you want. It simply put uses CB triggers to act on various parts of GJ 2.x. There is no development documentation for GJ 2.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173866 by waynejb
Replied by waynejb on topic Re: Writing plugins for GroupJive?
Would you be able to provide the basics needed for a tab plugin and then note where users could put in their own php and sql statements? The current format is hard follow. It looks like you need to add code to each tab after a new one has been developed.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173981 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Writing plugins for GroupJive?
Please review existing GJ integrations to see how tabs are added. They are added through a single trigger, which is as follows.

gj_onBeforeGroupTab (before users/invites tabs)
gj_onAfterGroupTab (after users/invites tabs)

More on trigger usage can be seen at the below tutorial.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/228-event-triggers

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn