triple groups

12 years 10 months ago #165091 by Guardian1
triple groups was created by Guardian1
Yeah hey its me again :cheer:

Umm a few problems since using groups

Firstly when I create a group or when someone else does the screen goes blank on submit and then when we go too groups we find three identical groups created, so I delete two and then its fine, it works fine on new user (auto create group)

Secondly when I use tools to fix any problems, I clcik on (fix) and again the screen goes blank each time

Thirdly I see that with kunena forums and groupjive there seems to be two sets of forums group

one has Groupjive

the other has "community builder"

The first being settings that can make the forum visible in kunena or not

the second being "community builder" which has no settings to make the group forum visible unless you join that group

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #165116 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: triple groups
Blank pages would indicate there's an error present. Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Once done try to create a group and review any on-screen errors. If none then please review your server error log. There was an API fix that results in setting group forums to "community builder" as their access type. This will hide the forum from view unless the user joins the group; this is working as intended and only available with Kunena 1.6.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #165132 by Guardian1
Replied by Guardian1 on topic Re: triple groups
Ok thanks ,Im a bit of a novice,

yes I thought the groupjive forum and changes were after I upgraded too 1.6 kenuna

Ive attempted the debug mode, is that global configuration/system/debug system /
?

nothing happened ,

umm server error log ? Ive gone into the cpanel and found the latest error logs ?

shall I post them on here ?

I can't see anything myself, not even sure what to look for to be honest

12 years 9 months ago #165314 by krileon
You need to enable debug mode and maximum error reporting from Joomlas global configuration. Once done attempt to duplicate your issue and review any on-screen errors. Blank pages are typically due to out of memory; review what your memory limit is within PHP Information from within Joomlas system info page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #165523 by Guardian1
Replied by Guardian1 on topic Re: triple groups
thanks , I,ll try and do that when the site is'nt too busy

php info .....is this it ?

Linux serv01.siteground214.com 2.6.28.5-grsec-sg2 #6 SMP Fri Feb 20 02:45:11 CST 2009 i686

I think the double or triple groups is when a person tries to create a group a second or third time due to blank page on creation

anyhow I,ll have a go at debug mode and maximum error reporting once the site is not so busy

aha here we are

memory_limit 96M 96M

12 years 9 months ago #165531 by krileon
Memory limit looks fine, but you still need to run the debug processes. The duplicate groups are likely coming from a user hitting a blank page then smacking the refresh button several times, which would re-submit the form data over and over.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn