Progress on Groupjive?

12 years 10 months ago #166570 by KatoKalin
Progress on Groupjive? was created by KatoKalin
Compared to other solutions Groupjive is a bit err static. Meaning the seperarte tabs for different media. So it doesnt seem to be possible to upload a video and a picture to the same place and have user comment them.
So I wonder if there is ongoing progress so these features can be expected soon or if it will be more fruitful to look for other solutions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166573 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Progress on Groupjive?

KatoKalin wrote: Compared to other solutions Groupjive is a bit err static. Meaning the seperarte tabs for different media. So it doesnt seem to be possible to upload a video and a picture to the same place and have user comment them.
So I wonder if there is ongoing progress so these features can be expected soon or if it will be more fruitful to look for other solutions.

I believe our activity plugin will help here once its finished and released.

12 years 10 months ago #166606 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Re: Progress on Groupjive?
Thanks for your reply. Just to give you an idea what I am talking about: www.joomworld.com/demo/facewallcb/

No intention to advertise you can remove the link.

But this is the idea maybe as an additional option to have the ability not to split a group by media types. I dont see too much sense in a user who has uploaded something which appears in tab A and users have to comment it under tab B. So it would be greato as an option to have a group type where everything can be mixed.

12 years 10 months ago #166898 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Progress on Groupjive?
I believe you perceive GroupJive as something else. Please see Facebook Groups, that was my reference point in its design and functionality. What you're wanting is more of a wall with permissions. At any rate all the wall posts are in a single database so what you're wanting is entirely doable with a new GJ integration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #166924 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Re: Progress on Groupjive?

krileon wrote: What you're wanting is more of a wall with permissions.

It´s kind of a groupwall with extended capabilites in regards of media use and posting capabilities.

12 years 10 months ago #167005 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Progress on Groupjive?
What you've provided appears to be a Wall first and groups later. Wherein GroupJive is Groups first and wall later. The wall is just a minor part of GroupJives feature set in the form of an integration. Again however what you're wanting I suppose could be developed by someone in the form of an integration, extension, or CB plugin of sorts as the wall posts are all stored in a single database table so it'd be quite possible to display all posts from all groups. I've no plans to implement this though so you'd need to find someone capable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn