[#2670] Custom fields for groups

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #169316 by puzon23
[#2670] Custom fields for groups was created by puzon23
Hello,

I have been searching for this option through the component as well as looking for any info in the forums and on the net but can't find anything.

I have a need to create custom fields for my groups. Essentailly I need a similar functionality as it is with regular individual profiles where we can add custom fields as we need them.

Is there a way to do this? If anyone could shed some light on this, I would greatly apprieciate it.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #170286 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Custom fields for groups
It's not possible to add custom fields to groups unless you create an integration to do just that like the Wall, Events, etc.. integrations do. GJ is not a profile, nor is it a field manager or anything of the sort.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #170330 by puzon23
Replied by puzon23 on topic Re: Custom fields for groups
Hi Krileon,

Ok, so if that is not possible are there any integrations that will help me? Maybe some other plugins that would help me do that? My groups are soccer teams so there is a need for such information as rosters, schedules, places where they go to play games, statistics, etc. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

12 years 8 months ago #170333 by krileon
GJ 2.3 comes with an events integration. That should be sufficient for schdules. As far as the rest you'll probably need to develop custom integrations to allow logging and displaying of the information you need/want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #170335 by puzon23
Replied by puzon23 on topic Re: Custom fields for groups
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Can you recommend anyone who is a good GJ programmer who can help? I wonder how difficult and time consuming it would be.

Thanks!

12 years 8 months ago #170450 by krileon
Sorry, personally have no references for any other developers. Only other developers I know personally are other extension developers like me and the rest of the CB Team, which they don't do custom work. You may want to check joomlancers or other contract sites or attempt to take on the project your self after reviewing existing integrations. Creating an integration is relatively easy and is typically only 2 files. I recommend starting with the About integration as it's the simplest (just review).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn