Turn-off image support for groups/categories

12 years 5 months ago #183198 by andy_blanc
Hi, I just want to be able to turn off all category and group image support. I don't need default images either. Just text. Is this possible?

In fact I wouldn't mind turning off categories all together and just having all groups in one place if that's easily done? if not that ones not a big issue for me.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #183302 by krileon

Hi, I just want to be able to turn off all category and group image support. I don't need default images either. Just text. Is this possible?

You can edit the templates to remove logo display. GJ template files located at the below folder.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/

Your changes will be lost on upgrade if you edit the defaults though. GJ is designed to allow overrides. So you could for example copy the default folder, rename it, delete any file you've no intention to change, then change the remaining you want changed. Once done navigate to GJ configuration and select it as your new template. Any files you don't supply it'll pull from the default template.

In fact I wouldn't mind turning off categories all together and just having all groups in one place if that's easily done? if not that ones not a big issue for me.

Not possible to disable categories. No plans to allow disabling them either.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn