Text editor dose not work using Microsoft browser

12 years 4 months ago #185216 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #185312 by krileon
Problem appears to be with your template. Issue is not present with default Joomla template. There appears to be some JS conflicts present as a result of your template. Searching the contents of some of the fatal JS errors turns up the below.

www.reviewsforjoomla.com/forum/index.php?topic=14320.0

Please contact the template developer for further support or consider switching templates. I recommend avoiding these heavy JS based templates (they're slow and usually always cause problems).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #185423 by sirmagic
I have testet on Beez2 template, yes it works, but using Beez5 setting you can´t cancel edit of an event.

Looking at the problem from start GroupJive works fine using any template (also YooTheme) and using any Browser, but not when you open up with Microsoft Explorer 8 or 9.. Is there a problem with GroupJive and Explorer or dose GroupJive only works with a small number of template?
I realy would like to use GroupJive and to be able to use different template and layout and only using one template for the hole site.

Also... Is it right that when you enter a group it start in new entry edit mode and after saving new entry it open up for a new entry in edit mode?

12 years 4 months ago #185501 by krileon
It's a problem with your template.

Also... Is it right that when you enter a group it start in new entry edit mode and after saving new entry it open up for a new entry in edit mode?

You have "Toggle" set to "Expanded" in GJ configuration, so yes it's displaying as you configured it. I've set this back to "Collapsed" for you.

You may also want to review your extension Full Text RSS as it never stops loading so your pages never finish loading. This is a huge problem because JS doesn't complete until the page completes loading.

I've disabled component "FullTextRSS" and system plugins "System - obFTRSS" and "System - obFTRSS.K2" to stop your infinite page loading. You can re-enable these from Extensions > Extension Manager > Manage. This resolves a JS error thrown by CK Edtior likely due to its JS never getting to completely load.

I've tested all your templates and the defaults work perfectly fine. The reason your template is causing problems is in the URL I've already provided.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 4 months ago #185504 by sirmagic
Thank´s alot
I put all that in mind and look it up. I´m begining to understand and look forward to let the users use GJ.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn