GroupJive Plugins Ignore Template

13 years 1 month ago #158116 by blechler
Replied by blechler on topic Re: GroupJive Plugins Ignore Template
OK, so did you put that into the plugin and re-install, or does one need to FTP the changes to the server?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #158117 by blechler
Replied by blechler on topic Re: GroupJive Plugins Ignore Template
Upon re-reading your post I can see that you FTP'ed it to the server.

13 years 1 month ago #158119 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: GroupJive Plugins Ignore Template
erm... yes, I guess so. I actually did it over SSH at the command line. But FTP works too. Just select the default template directory and download it (and all its files) to your computer. Rename it to whatever you want, make whatever changes you want, and then upload the renamed directory (and all its files) back into the templates directory.

13 years 1 month ago #158132 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GroupJive Plugins Ignore Template
All you need to do is create a new folder in the template folder. It's a "drag and drop" template system, no installations necessary. You can do this through FTP or any directory management extensions for Joomla. FTP would be preferred method, but use what works best.

The suggested approach is to only copy what you intended to change. For instance if all you want to edit is group_edit.php, then only have that single file in your template then select your template from backend, it'll auto provide any missing files yet use your group_edit.php.

In order to provide files for integrations you'd provide for example cbgroupjivewall.css inside your template file and this will load when the Wall tab is shown.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #159431 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: GroupJive Plugins Ignore Template

krileon wrote: GroupJive 2.1 will allow specifying a CSS file specific to an integration within your GJ template folder. For example if you add cbgroupjiveevents.css inside your template folder it will load for the events integration allowing you to override colors if you want. You do not need to use important, you just need to add more selectors to give it more weight. At any rate important isn't a problem as works on IE7, IE8, FF, Chrome just fine.

This does not currently work right. The CSS file in the template directory gets loaded BEFORE the CSS file in the plugin directory, so the CSS file in the plugin directory still takes precedence over the GroupJive template. As a result, I still end up having to use !important statements in the template.

edit: I still think it's wrong to be hard-coding colour in the CSS styles of individual plugins. The plugins should inherit colour from the GroupJive template, not be imposing their own colour. Otherwise what's the point of having templates at all?

13 years 3 weeks ago #159448 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GroupJive Plugins Ignore Template

This does not currently work right. The CSS file in the template directory gets loaded BEFORE the CSS file in the plugin directory, so the CSS file in the plugin directory still takes precedence over the GroupJive template. As a result, I still end up having to use !important statements in the template.

Load order is incorrect, will be reviewing fixing this in GJ 2.3. Currently you can just give the CSS more weight by adding more selectors.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2461

edit: I still think it's wrong to be hard-coding colour in the CSS styles of individual plugins. The plugins should inherit colour from the GroupJive template, not be imposing their own colour. Otherwise what's the point of having templates at all?

Absolutely will not happen. They are integrations and not considered part of the core. Integrations have no business with code inside core template. Integrations are also completely optional. Forcing code to core for an integration would result in bloating.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn